tribute to ROAD records (1 Viewer)

palace

look, this idea for saving ROAD records is all well and good... but it won't work....

i have been thinking that a far better solution is to just say goodbye to an old friend by producing a not-for-profit album called "one for the road" or some other cliché...

when i say not-for-profit, that means any direct help producing this (aside from material costs) would be offered free.... someone to master it, bands to provide new material etc... work out the sums, promote and sell and give any profits to d&j as a goodbye and thanks for the memories present...

this has to be bigger than thumped though... we'd be searching out new songs by anyone who could provide as long as we keep it in the spirit of things with some artistic integrity... it would be nice to get hands on some of the old road relish ones as well, perhaps to finish the thing with jason molina's "fade street" (the only old song)...

if anyone thinks this idea is worth pursuing and has something to input (sound / art / music) etc..., drop me a line...

cheers

this doesn't sound like it's gaining much enthusiasm.... probably just as well...

let me try something else then - a few years ago, we were supposed to receive a compilation of all of the road relish singles put on cd... this was always almost complete but never quite got there... who was looking after that little project?

very good.... cheers... pity the jason molina track wasn't included... never got to hear that one...

It's a pity that they have the Glen Hansard song and not the James Molina one - Hansard was the other side of the 7". Prize dork.

I can't remember what happened there. Either we tried to contact Molina for permission to use the track and didn't manage to, or else we decided to just keep the compilation to the Irish stuff ....

I missed one of the 7"s: that Songs Ohia/o Hansard one

Yeah, I don't even have a copy of it either ..... I gave away my whole set for a Thumped charity raffle one year.

the c40/jimmy behan one was a turning point for me.
still gives me the spine tingles when i listen to it.

It's the one with the nicest cover as well ;)

they should sell the whole gaff and name on ebay, some fucker in the world would surely buy it. the publicity it would get around the world in the press would make drive up the price and make them a fortune. seriously.

I never even knew it existed. I love Jason Molina.

And I don't mind Hansard so much. I wouldn't listen to him a whole lot but he doesn't bother me. I'd be dead keen to hear this tune.

it is a good song, played with songs: ohia as his backing band and written at the height of his creativity... after this period, it all went downhill and the same song shows up on the frames album 'burn the maps' 4 years later... a bit of a bloated mess (the album)...

...but i'd love to hear this version and especially the molina song seeing as it was obviously written about road records...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back