Trainspotting (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
It was on telly a few weeks back. Pretty good, holds up better than I recalled. Was there a trailer for this a year or two before it came out that contained scenes not in the film or am I misremembering?

I can't recall, I just remember seeing a trailer and then a while later seeing one that was completely different and more like the CHOOSE LIFE etc stuff. I think there were people in masks in it? Maybe it was just a different edit containing scenes from the movie.

I can't recall, I just remember seeing a trailer and then a while later seeing one that was completely different and more like the CHOOSE LIFE etc stuff. I think there were people in masks in it? Maybe it was just a different edit containing scenes from the movie.

Not sure.
Just to confuse things, I'm going to mention that the original cover of the novel had a mask on the front.

I remember being in the theatre saying, "What the hell did he just say?" over and over. Oddly, I just recently saw it again for the since the first time since I saw it when it came out in the states. Had no problem understanding it this time around. Good flick.

Trainspotting.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why was it called trainspotting?

i was in Norway when this was out, and since I was the nearest thing to Scottish they could get their hands on I was asked this loads of times.
I used to make up some terrible shite and they would listen patiently and earnestly. I had no fucking clue what I was on about.

I had one about the marks on their arms called tracks, and then talk about that whole "trains on tracks thing".

I'd like to know if there was a meaning though.

because in the book they run into begbie's old alco dad in a disused train station and he goes 'eyyy trainspottin' are ye lads ack ack ack ack ack' or something to that effect.

aye get Acid House, tis worth a read over. some nice short stories in it! bit more off the walls than Trainspotting though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back