Top Ten SF&F novels of the decade (1 Viewer)

I have only read Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It was very good alright, its difficult to find a book that long that isn't a bit tiresome in parts. The Wizard Night by Gene Wolfe was better. I cant imagine that any of those other books that I haven't read could be better than it. Its absence from the list really calls into question the judgement of the tor.com voters.

I've only read American Gods, but it is one of my favourite books so I approve.

Ha I wouldn't put any store in that list. There have been plenty of BETTER books than are on that list. Not a single Erikson? Or Iain Banks? Or Charles Stross? Come on like. Joe Abercrombie is better than that too. There's 4 authors without even trying. One of my favourite SF books of the last decade
And as mentioned, the Wizard Knight by Gene Wolfe deserves recognition.

In saying that, there is 1 good thing about the list: No.3, The Name Of The Wind. This is one of those hidden gems, I didn't think people were aware of it so much. It's one of those books that you read, and everything tells you it should be shit, but somehow it's great. I can't really explain, it just makes you keep reading. I hope to fuck it's turned into a trilogy or whatever like it's meant to be.
In saying that, it's still not quite as good as the authors mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back