tonights no disco. Thanks guys (3 Viewers)

Re: Re: Re: tonights no disco. Thanks guys

Originally posted by IFF
agreed

it was a very good show, i think i will fastforwarded the video once and that's less than usual from me

'twas a sort of best of the last year or so. me gots the last three episodes kept and will get the repeat o the planxty one in may also, fingers crossed.

Originally posted by the pope

although it would be worse if they did another series and tried to make it more 'accessable'......

They already did, remember? Uaneen Fitzsimons and her breathless interviews with the stereophonics and other such underground bands who need all the exposure they can get. Perhaps if Leagues had given dream catchers to all the people he interviewed, No Disco would still be on our screens each and every Wednesday.

If only Leagues looked liked Uaneen.... actually... it would be nicer if he looked like Carmen Elektra. Although the prospect of watching pasty-faced Irish indie kids dancing around a swimming pool in Mosney to Decal doesn't really appeal.
Okay, what I'm saying is wouldn't it be great if that Meet a Star programme focused primarily on the Irish indie scene and you could meet a member of your new favourite band.
No...what I'm saying that I don't look like Colin Murray of RTE Sports News fame, and do have a passing resemblance to Donal Dineen - apparently. And Allen of the HGF and Uncleano-demeanouro fame really really looks like Lou Barlow.

Oh... I'm Lucky.

No Disco should be reborn again with Caroline from the fame game except it would be called Disco.

The one thing i never got about no disco is the format. It has pretty much never changed since dineen hosted it. Cut to video--> cut to leagues in a dingy but hip set in a wooden stance --> cut to video again -->repeat again x2 --> cut to interview.

surely if these people had taken a DV camera with them and basically filmed it around town or whatever it would have been so much more interesting. but then again, it's all about the music.

Originally posted by enchance
No Disco should be reborn again with Caroline from the fame game except it would be called Disco.

The one thing i never got about no disco is the format. It has pretty much never changed since dineen hosted it. Cut to video--> cut to leagues in a dingy but hip set in a wooden stance --> cut to video again -->repeat again x2 --> cut to interview.

surely if these people had taken a DV camera with them and basically filmed it around town or whatever it would have been so much more interesting. but then again, it's all about the music.

Nah, that was one of the great things about it. There were no gimics, no frills. The music was given the leading role. There was something familiar and comforting about the consistency of the presentation.

The presentation worked back in the Donal days when everything was so new but, like with Doctor Who, subsequent incarnations just didn't hit the spot.

Originally posted by enchance

The pitch: Fly leagues + a cameraman to New York & present the show from the streets. Call it No MT Disco USA.

Originally posted by Pantone247
I can't believe you're posting on your holidays

serioulsy Pete... :rolleyes:

i don't think he can help it, i have a funny feeling that himself and Dudley ARE the internet

Originally posted by Ed
i don't think he can help it, i have a funny feeling that himself and Dudley ARE the internet

sometimes I think we're all figments of Petes imagination

different aspects of his personality manifesting themselves as members of his psyche's message board

if you think about it long enough, its not as mad as if first sounds...

Originally posted by Pantone247
if you think about it long enough, its not as mad as if first sounds... man

Leagues should be made wear loud, pastel-coloured sports jackets and casual beige chinos. The programme should be more slap-stick. And when he's introducing a new video, he should rub his hands together and slightly shake his hips while staring intently into the camera.
And he should call the videos "joints" or "fillets". The word "pastiche" should be used more effectively. And he should refer to Estel and the Chalets as his "honies". And every episode (don't call them shows no more), should start with him speeding up to the camera in a red Mazda sports car.

This line must be used:
"And here's another dripping fillet cooked up by my honies..... SHA-ZAM!!"

In light of the Iraq situation, it's difficult to recommend anywhere beyond the Far East. Avoiding Japan, where low interest-rates and a weak yen show that they have played their last card - indeed, another straw will break the Japanese camel. With the emergence of China, it would be advisable to look at cities such as Shanghai which seems to be more inviting to western influence.
Recommending Macao here, where investment could be very low and yield could be high in a post-war situation.

I know its a bit late, but does snyone have the running order for the last show handy.

I really have been asking for rediculous things lately...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back