tonights no disco. Thanks guys (2 Viewers)

jayneemac

Website
Visit site
on tonight's show we find out who The Chalets are, we come full circle with the first ever No Disco video, we reveal what Niamh's reply to Andy was (!) after his Del 9 show proposal, and plenty of video highlights from recent times: El-p, SFA, Sigur Ros, Andy Irvine, Johnny Cash, Will Oldham, Low...

it's been lovely. thanks for watching.

Lx & rory

No Disco - Network 2 - 12.25

Originally posted by kstop
Cannonball by the Breeders, wasn't it?

couldn't have been 'cause i remember watching it as a nipper. Cannonball was c.1996 but didn't no disco start in 92/93 when they showed nothing but acoustic sets from the frames?

Just to be a geek. The Breeders Cannonball/last splash was released in 1993.

More Importantly though, who is going to persue the RTE thing with all the signatures on the petition? i.e who is going to submit them and champion the cause??

Is it you Dudley??

Originally posted by DontMugYourself
Just to be a geek. The Breeders Cannonball/last splash was released in 1993.

brian leakage. yes, that's true.

Does anybody think title tk could be a soundtrack for a Harry Potter film?

in my inbocks this morning.

RTE has received many representations about the future of "No Disco" - all
in favour of its retention! All emails are being forwarded to the Director
of Television.

Yours sincerely

Peter Feeney
Public Affairs
RTÉ

Originally posted by jayneemac
on tonight's show we find out who The Chalets are, we come full circle with the first ever No Disco video, we reveal what Niamh's reply to Andy was (!) after his Del 9 show proposal, and plenty of video highlights from recent times: El-p, SFA, Sigur Ros, Andy Irvine, Johnny Cash, Will Oldham, Low...

it's been lovely. thanks for watching.

Lx & rory

No Disco - Network 2 - 12.25

Why is this always annouced at 6.15 after I left the office?!? :rolleyes:

So, I missed it even this time...

despite leagues being wooden and having baby teeth (joke!) it'd be terrible if this ended.

although it would be worse if they did another series and tried to make it more 'accessable'......

The License Fee = Alms For An Aging Syphillitic

RTE has an extraordinary record in this department. Taping over vintage "Wanderly Wagon" episodes, pulling "It's Not The Answer" (without explanation and despite e-mails of enquiry), failing to spot the potential of "Father Ted" before it was offered to Channel 4... It's a history of failure, lost opportunity and a near syphillitic lack of vision.

Everybody should refuse to pay the license fee. Some day, a person properly equipped will challenge its legality in the courts, chiefly by reference to the poor quality of RTE's programming. Then a heavy spade will come down on the organisation's hardened topsoil and break things up a bit.

Re: Re: The License Fee = Alms For An Aging Syphillitic

Ah...you broken promises, you shattered dreams, you bright hopes pulled like so many independent music programmes and dashed against the wall of callous commerce...

Pantone, you are the RTE of Human Charity.

Originally posted by Pantone247
you should do this Anne

and yes I'll send you your CD I swear soon!

....O.k I'm not maybe gonna be popular on this one but it's just a thought. No disco is great, and R.T.E. have the worst programming ethos ever..but...."indie" music programs on irish tele have come and gone down through the years in loads of incarnations..when no disco goes...there will be a void:( but that void may just get filled by something that is even better and on at an earlier time..look at old grey whistle test..which kinda got replaced by the tube(I know they were on different stations..but has anyone thought of selling a show like no disco to tv3, tg4) they seem to be only too delighted to pick up the ball when R.T.E. drop it..so maybe we won't be to long without the visual side of artists playing in Ireland for too long. No disco R.I.P.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back