tips for barcelona? (3 Viewers)

corksongs

hey
i'm heading to barcelone for two days in late oct
on a whim, booked the flights and hostel

any tips for good venues, pubs, shops, websites etc?

cheers

cheers

skinnerchinner said:
otherwise you could check no-futures site
cristian vogel has residency there I think , he might be on
a good dj by all accounts

the only memories i have from spending a couple of days in barcelona are: there's a pretty long fucking underground inter-subway station walk down near the peer, don't haggle when buying hash, take the elevators to park guel(sp?) & never think you can outsmart the three card trick guys on las ramblas.

By all means check out La Rambla, once. Then avoid it. Excellent city for shopping, especially women's stuff, and even more especially for footwear. The range of converse there is quite astounding. I ended up getting some Vans for €60, but I wanted at least two of the cons... Didn't so out boozin because we were on a kids holiday buzz. The aquarium is cool the zoo is crap apart from the dolphins which are excellent. Park Guell is cool. Taxis are cheap. The train ride from the Airport to the city is a NIGHTMARE with two buggys, DON'T DO IT. €20 in a taxi from Airport to beach, much better.
Oh and it rained like fuck last week.

similar story here...was only out walking about half an hour on the first evening and was mugged. watch out for 'tourists' with maps walking anywhere around you. one holds said map while the other uses it for cover whilst they dig in and around your bag / pockets. i only went over to see all the gaudi stuff which was fantastic...and really enjoyed the aquarium too. the blue and red bus trips are the best. otherwise i found it really seedy at night and we got followed around a lot be strange characters. also found it hard to get really decent food and the hotel smelt of eggs. all in all i liked madrid more as it offered more artsty fartsy stuff to do for those so inclined.

enjoy yourself!

bareclona is shite. heres a top tip. Get 10 minutes on the sunbeds, and go to galway instead - exact same shite. Crusty capital of the world.

Just back from Barcelona with mixed feelings:

Things to visit that are cool:
-Sagrada Familia
-Casa Mila (Gaudi)
-Park Guell (Gaudi)
-Barri Gotic Area

Ramblas is average during the day but worth a walk. At night it's as seedy as fuck, full o brassers that won't stop annoying you and telling you they love you. Pick pockets are supposedly rampant although I didn't have any real problems thank god.

Good music Bar/Club we went to a couple of times called FON.FONE. just off the Ramblas, played some pretty good/varied music.

All in all it's a nice place for the buildings/architecture, food is pretty bland imho and while the majority of the population are normal joe's going about their business, the city has a hefty number of nutters so expect anything.

thad wrongcock said:
Quite a few scabby geed brassers if thats your bag.
It was confirmed for me by a friend that lived there, the brassers on la ramblas are south american trannies, i knew they all looked a bit vile and strange, eurgghhh.

Yo, organising two day trip (jan 26-28) for about eight or ten of us, anyone have any tips on accomodation? I presume two days would be too short for an apartment? Anyone reccomend any hostels/budget hotels?

Spent a while in barcelona in 2003, slept on the beach for the first few nights, there's lots of nice squats (and some not so nice ones) around the city.
If you look like a tourist you're getting mugged.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Headed off tomorrow, any last minute tips?
you'll have a ball, was there in september. this mugging talk is a bit OTT if you ask me.

my tip to you is....'watch out for thr trannies on las ramblas', they'll love you long time readysteady!!!!

have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back