Thollem McDonas ~ Gavin Prior ~ David Lacey~ Sean Óg Goethe Institute, Thurs May 3rd (1 Viewer)

desertedvillage

Website
www.desertedvillage.com
Thollem McDonas (Piano) Gavin Prior (Guitar) David Lacey (Drums) Sean Óg (Sax/woodwinds)

Goethe Institut, 37 Merrion Square, Dublin
Thursday, 3rd May
19:00 - 20:00,
6 Euro.
Note early starting and finishing times.
www.thollem.com
www.sean-og.com

Download an album of two piano concerts woven together by Thollem Mcdonas here

"Unclassifiable and extraordinarily equipped, a travel through disparate musics, Thollem McDonas , redefines the concept of performance in solo pianoforte". - All About Jazz, Italia

"It's my intention to make music that stimulates the mind and the body, that's intellectual and sexy and meditative and ferocious and poetic and athletic and revolutionary and spiritual and political and humorus and loving and that will shake people awake, starting with me first".

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thollem Mcdonas, pianist/vocalist/composer/improviser was born Feb. 23, 1967 in the San Francisco Bay Area of Irish and Cherokee descent.
He is presently living in Prague. He began his musical training as a young child rigorously studying the keyboard repertoire of European composers from the renaissance to the 20th century. After graduating with degrees in
both piano performance and composition he chose to become homeless for several years, opting to wander and live out of a backpack, rather than pursue a career as a concert pianist with a suit and tie. It is because of
these dichotomies and rich, wildly disparate experiences that his music is so dynamic and appeals to such a wide variety of audiences.
[/FONT]

Re: Thollem McDonas ~ Gavin Prior ~ David Lacey~ Sean Óg Goethe Institute, Thurs May

thollem-mcd-poster.jpg

Re: Thollem McDonas ~ Gavin Prior ~ David Lacey~ Sean Óg Goethe Institute, Thurs May

Sorry I have to miss this.

The goethe institut is great!

Shame it takes a German arts institution to give Dublin somewhere to put on gigs like this cheaply.

Sorry I have to miss this.

The goethe institut is great!

Shame it takes a German arts institution to give Dublin somewhere to put on gigs like this cheaply.

it's pretty sweet alright.
There are other cool places but few with Pianos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back