they make Snow Patrol sound like Throbbing Gristle (1 Viewer)

Charlie Bucket

Snow Patrol were the biggest album band in Britain last year: joy for their fans, depressing for detractors, who think they’ve dumbed down for success. Ireland’s the Frames have never come close to anything commercially comparable, and The Cost shows you why: bluntly, they make Snow Patrol sound like Throbbing Gristle. This is music so unadventurous, so lacking in originality, that even a three-albums-per-year forecourt buyer might blanch. If that seems harsh, check out whimsy-soaked exhibits such as Falling Slowly or Rise: wimpy warbling, soporific instrumentation, cliché-mired lyrics, music wholly without merit or balls. There can be no excuse. One star

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-2528987,00.html

DSCN6869.jpg

Why are Snow Patrol successful? Oh, I know why, coz people suck!

Eyes wide open my hole! Minds firmly closed more like. Down with this sort of shit!

Does anyone else get that 'Server too busy' message sometimes? Actually quite often. Is the Thumped server kicking the bucket?

Snow Patrol were the biggest album band in Britain last year: joy for their fans, depressing for detractors, who think they’ve dumbed down for success. Ireland’s the Frames have never come close to anything commercially comparable, and The Cost shows you why: bluntly, they make Snow Patrol sound like Throbbing Gristle. This is music so unadventurous, so lacking in originality, that even a three-albums-per-year forecourt buyer might blanch. If that seems harsh, check out whimsy-soaked exhibits such as Falling Slowly or Rise: wimpy warbling, soporific instrumentation, cliché-mired lyrics, music wholly without merit or balls. There can be no excuse. One star

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-2528987,00.html

ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!!

It's Genisis P Orridge. Himself and the missus (his) have the same size boobs. Or so I believe...

I don't feel sorry for him. It's a lifelong project thay've embarked on to try to eradicate gender. Fair play.

Did anyone hear the story of when he was homeless in LA and crashing in Rick Rubin's place? He got pissed and fell down the stairs then tried to sue Rubin for damages.

Anyway I only looked at this thread cause I'm mildly dyslexic and thought it was about a band who made Throbing Gristle sound like Snow Patrol. Bogus.

I don't feel sorry for him. It's a lifelong project thay've embarked on to try to eradicate gender. Fair play.

Did anyone hear the story of when he was homeless in LA and crashing in Rick Rubin's place? He got pissed and fell down the stairs then tried to sue Rubin for damages.

Anyway I only looked at this thread cause I'm mildly dyslexic and thought it was about a band who made Throbing Gristle sound like Snow Patrol.

i feel sorry for him for being compared to snow patrol.
i covet his boobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back