the wickerman tonight- channel 4 (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
bank holiday late movie on channel 4 - worth checking out

The Wicker Man
The straight-laced, and self-righteous, Christian police sergeant Howie receives an anonymous letter from the remote Scottish island of Summerisle. He encounters a world immersed in pagan rituals and rampant sensuality. Absorbed in symbolism this work leaves the viewer completely at the mercy of the main character and he, in turn, at the mercy of the mysterious Lord Summerisle. Both the audience and Howie are lured into a world beyond modern comprehension, climaxing with the meeting of the Wicker Man. Fantastic, disturbing and worth staying up. Stars Edward Woodward, Christopher Lee and Britt Ekland. Directed by Robin Hardy. 1.05am. C4.

bohs punks said:

God, I'm so annoyed that all the good films are always on way past my bedtime. I'd dig the TV out of the closet for it, too.

I went on a 'Wickerman' tour of Southern Scotland last year. Not like an organised thing, but we were camping and scouting out the various places where stuff was filmed. There IS an island called Summerisle, but none of it was filmed there. It was mostly on the mainland.

I've seen the wickerman's charred legs! How many nerd points do I get?

this is a great movie
and the version that's on is the 102 min cut - that was put out on that horribly expensive DaViD last year

it's an extra 18 mins in total - doesn't make the film better - but doesn't do any harm either

and afterwards at 3AM there is the Cult Of The Wicker Man documentary
the whole lot should fit on a E180 tape

the longer cut has different things in different places and the "gently johnny" scene, which i think was cut...
makes edward woodward appear a total prick from the start...i think.
still don't get how it's pretentious!

TESTAROSSA said:
the longer cut has different things in different places and the "gently johnny" scene, which i think was cut...
makes edward woodward appear a total prick from the start...i think.
still don't get how it's pretentious!
nah not pretentious
woodward is a self-righteous uptight fuck who *****************************

best not spoil

yup the documentary is there - and interactive menus!

andrew

ps - there's a really amazing tv interview with christopher lee on it from the 70s where he just talks about how it's his favourite movie ever. it's deadly to see someone that geuinely enthusiastic about something they've done.

i saw the uncut version over at phils house.. pretty good film.

bohs punks said:

The Wicker Man
The straight-laced, and self-righteous, Christian police sergeant Howie receives an anonymous letter from the remote Scottish island of Summerisle. He encounters a world immersed in pagan rituals and rampant sensuality. Absorbed in symbolism this work leaves the viewer completely at the mercy of the main character and he, in turn, at the mercy of the mysterious Lord Summerisle. Both the audience and Howie are lured into a world beyond modern comprehension, climaxing with the meeting of the Wicker Man. Fantastic, disturbing and worth staying up. Stars Edward Woodward, Christopher Lee and Britt Ekland. Directed by Robin Hardy. 1.05am. C4.
Nah. Gonna tape it.... Gotta get up in the morning and go about attacking the system from inside! Work makes us free?

flyplane.jpg

TESTAROSSA said:
yup the documentary is there - and interactive menus!

andrew

ps - there's a really amazing tv interview with christopher lee on it from the 70s where he just talks about how it's his favourite movie ever. it's deadly to see someone that geuinely enthusiastic about something they've done.
yeah that interview is cool with that American chatshow dude, Lee and Robin Hardy.
the presenter pronounces it "Hart - tee" - funny

the documentary on the dvd - is called the Wicker Man Enigma and is only 35 mins long.
the one later is The Cult Of The Wicker Man and is on for an hour - so with ads, 50 mins

hope they're the same - the fuckin dvd was expensive enough without knowing there's another documentary out there they couldda put on but decided not to
plus my C4 reception is shit

yay i got that ridiculously priced dvd for a fiver sterling in some rockin video store in elephant and castle, the documentary on it is classy too. Damn i wish i'd visited those spots in scotland

Quote:Nah. Gonna tape it.... Gotta get up in the morning and go about attacking the system from inside! Work makes us free?

fuck em, im getting laid off in a few weeks so im going to stay up and watch it and go in exhausted.

the hours are much better on the dole anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back