pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
The Thing miniseries now a sequel

US cable station the Sci-Fi Channel's upcoming four-hour miniseries 'The Thing' will be a sequel to the 1982 John Carpenter film, and not a remake as had been previously reported.

Horror magazine Fangoria reports that 'The Shawshank Redemption' director Frank Darabont is producing the miniseries.

It is expected to air on US television in December 2005 or early 2006.

The 1982 film 'The Thing' starred Kurt Russell, and focused on the crew of an Antarctic research station who must do battle with an alien parasite.
i bleedin love that movie

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2004/1014/thething.html

Years ago, back when Forbidden Planet was still on Dawson Street, I remember they had a comic book sequel to The Thing. It started off with Kurt Russell left in the snow.

Pissed that I didn't buy it, but I think my cousin still has it.

Anyone see that Bruce Campbell Thing-Lite "Terminal Invasion"? Awful movie.

THRILLHO said:
Years ago, back when Forbidden Planet was still on Dawson Street, I remember they had a comic book sequel to The Thing. It started off with Kurt Russell left in the snow.

Pissed that I didn't buy it, but I think my cousin still has it.

Anyone see that Bruce Campbell Thing-Lite "Terminal Invasion"? Awful movie.
i have the first two series
it was fucking awesome

The Thing is totally amazing, the bit where they are doing an autopsy on the guy is class! I of course have it on DVD. The sequel better have Kurt Russell and Keith David in it or the makers will have to die.

Speaking of sequels, well in a sense, I watched that recent Battlestar Galactica miniseries they made yesterday. Being prepared for a big pile of shite, I was absolutely amazed at how good it was. It's fuckin brilliant, best thing like this I've seen since Space above and beyond, it's just sooo well made. They are making a series of it, hopefully it will have plenty of space marine moments in there too, that would be sweet. It's game over man.

Cormcolash said:
Speaking of sequels, well in a sense, I watched that recent Battlestar Galactica miniseries they made yesterday. Being prepared for a big pile of shite, I was absolutely amazed at how good it was. It's fuckin brilliant, best thing like this I've seen since Space above and beyond, it's just sooo well made. They are making a series of it, hopefully it will have plenty of space marine moments in there too, that would be sweet. It's game over man.
only caught the second part,so took a while to get used to who was who(still not entirely sure) Thought it was ok though.
And the Thing rules!!!!!!!!

the whole female starbuck thing is upsetting.

though i think the only person who could properly recreate starbuck is owen wilson.
owen wilson would be amazing as starbuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back