the "so bad they're good" special effects thread (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
i recall someone posting an amazing clip from a tamil (i think) movie of a man sliding under a truck on a horse? please post again, can't find it!!!

here's my first offering: a clip from Shark Attack 3: Megdalon. or something like that.

this special effects guy deserves to have countries named after him.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shark attack 3 is amazing! i bought them all for Stereobaby for his birthday last year.

Oh, and that bit from Ghostbusters 2 with the slime coming out of the bath to attack Dana and her baby is shit but i ain't got no link.

Who's the dude who did all the gory effects for those slasher zombie style movies in the 70s? He's a vietnam vet, and decided to get over the horror by making the gore as similar to the real stuff he'd seen. To the point where people working on the set were throwing up.

Legend.

one film i saw a few years back - it was so amazing i could cry - and i cannot remember the name of it.

something to do with a mad scientist who invents a transporter thing - these people "fall" (badly) into it during an "earthquake" (cue cameraman to violently shake camera about) and are transported to another planet with man eating red-eyed monkeys and stuff.........oh someone please tell me what it's called im dying to watch it again.

it had the worst special effects ever. great movie.

Oh my God.. this has the potential to be the best thread ever on the internet....

I saw a film on (I think) the ATN-Bangla channel, where this guy rescued his young daughter from nefarious kidnapping types, threw her up in the air and she came down about 10 years older with nunchuks and proceeded to beat the crap out the the nefarious kidnapping types.

braindead has some great ketchup-y effects. no one loves you like mother!!!

yes.

also some monkey kung fu films have the most incredible special effects - there's a bar here that shows them permanently projected onto the wall......you feel you're going to die laughing as you drink. trying to find a good clip on youtube now...

Who's the dude who did all the gory effects for those slasher zombie style movies in the 70s? He's a vietnam vet, and decided to get over the horror by making the gore as similar to the real stuff he'd seen. To the point where people working on the set were throwing up.

Legend.

Tom Savini???

Turkish E.T

Scary shit.

Damnation Alley has pretty amazingly crap special effects buts there's only one clip on youtube. It stars George Peppard and Jean Michael Vincent and they seemed to have just video taped scorpions in a tank and super impose them on to the screen as giant scorpions just doing random shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back