• okie dokie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BC

Website
brianconniffe.blogspot.com
recently dug out - for the first time in years - the "U.F.Off" best of compilation. delighted to hear almost all of it still holds up as wonderful music. the likes of "little fluffy clouds", "blue room" and "oxbow lakes" won't be growing stale anytime soon. some absolutely killer smooth base-lines as well, especially in the earlier work, i.m.h.o.

edit: oops, forgot to put pomme fritz as an option in the pole.

Adventures for me. You get something new out of it on every listen. Be it Minnie Ripperton, Flash Gordon, whatever.

I always had a soft spot for Orblivion too. Toxygene and S.A.L.T the pick of the bunch. Actually S.A.L.T is all soundbytes from a movie called Naked if I'm not mistaken. Interesting dialogue and it leaves you wondering, until you see the film that it and realise the character speaking is a complete toe rag.

I don't know how much of a musical influence he actually had, but once Trash left they were never the same.

plateau and valley on orbus terrarum are quality tracks too, but the rest of that album is shite.

some good bits on pommes frites too.

UFOrb is magic. Adventures is great too.

However, I think the best Orb related project is FFWD. Superb.

I voted for Adventures Beyond THe Ultraworld because its the only one I know. Great album though. I also have the peel session 12" with A Huge Evergrowing Pulsating Brain... on it. Really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back