The Oppressed Irish gig confirmed (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
Welsh anti fascist skinheads The Oppressed are playing on Saturday May 7th with Runnin Riot in the Voodooo Lounge, Dublin. Recently reformed the band were one of the most uncompromising anti racist bands in the 80s and 90's and their singer Roddy Moreno was instrumental in the development of the Sharp (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice) movement in the uk.

A key band in the development of what I love about streetpunk, both musically and politically, I am chuffed to have them coming over.

This is the bands first time to play in Ireland and this will be their only gig due to family and work commitments.

fuckin deadly .was thinkin of goin over to that punk and disorderly festival thingy they are headlining in england, but this is even better , dya think the freebooters could get our shit together to try hi-jack a support slot???? d'ya get the tape we sent ya???
"see him walkin down the street
doctor martins on his feet
levis jeans ,ben sherman shirt
fuck with him and youll get hurt"

Only texted you about that tape mickey so hopefully will come today as no post since christmas here - postie threw a sickie. Have some lyrics written, anti fascist auntie is a classic, so we just need to get practicing and freebooters are go. seeing as i am the promoter why shouldnt we play if we are ready.
Should have word on the stagebottles this week also.

Its me and Thomas Arse singing, Fiona and Mickey from Limerick on bass and guitar and Crispo on drums.

its a bit of a supergroup, the posters will be all ex bleeding rectum, ex the poke, ex nappyrash etc!

first practice in a couple of weeks so could all fall apart then.

bohs punks said:
Its me and Thomas Arse singing, Fiona and Mickey from Limerick on bass and guitar and Crispo on drums.

its a bit of a supergroup, the posters will be all ex bleeding rectum, ex the poke, ex nappyrash etc!

first practice in a couple of weeks so could all fall apart then.

Class! If your bands playing and The Oppressed are only doing a Dublin gig, I'm sure I can make it down for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back