The Jonestown Death Tape. (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 4
actually, what i remember having found quite sad was that there was only one or two followers with strongly dissenting views (you can hear them argue with him from what i recall) - basically trying to reason with that madman - but their clarity of mind was overwhelmed by him and the other followers. sad, sad.

-found it: she says 'as long as there's life, there's hope' at around 9:22 mark. and then she gets shouted down. :(

There were loads of other followers around them with Gun's encouraging people to drink the poison. On the doc that I watched (i think it was Jonestown: The Life and Death of People’s Temple) you see people taking babies from crying mothers and giving them the posion.
Mad stuff altoghther.

Listened to it a few months ago and I wasn't that freaked out by it. Now I feel like a weirdo.

It's clearly a terrible thing that happened but it's a cracking tale all the same. I do love a dangerous cult.

They didn't all take the Kool Aid, most were shot in the back. Jones also had dealings with the CIA before and during. The mystery of Jonestown is not all it seems.

oh yeahhhhhhhhh!

8fdc6ce7-76fa-11da-b964-0f09f07f632c.wmv.flv.jpg

I saw a film about Jonestown about year ago which was compelling and quite upsetting. They interview the survivors one of whom watched his wife and baby die before his eyes. Its horrific stuff.

-found it: she says 'as long as there's life, there's hope' at around 9:22 mark. and then she gets shouted down.

They profile her in the film from what i can remember.

This is it : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762111/

I saw a film about Jonestown about year ago which was compelling and quite upsetting. They interview the survivors one of whom watched his wife and baby die before his eyes. Its horrific stuff.

They profile her in the film from what i can remember.

This is it : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762111/

There's a 9-part PBS docu on Youtube. Watched it last night. "She died in my arms, man", he weeps. She was a dinger too so she was.

They took Rite-Aid not Kool-Aid.

The music in the background is pop music slowed down. The tape had some music on it and then was recorded over. It wasn't being played at the time the recording was being made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back