the imminant reissue of swagger by the blue aeroplanes. (1 Viewer)

rampz

i urge you all to get a copy if youve never heard it. fuckin deadly. cant wait. lost my vinyl years ago. and stones.......!!!!!! nnllgg bbtthh?? i trust you agree

ramps said:
i urge you all to get a copy if youve never heard it. fuckin deadly. cant wait. lost my vinyl years ago. and stones.......!!!!!! nnllgg bbtthh?? i trust you agree

Howdy ramps

I read about this in The Guardian on the way home.
I have it on 16 year old taped tape so I'll definitely be getting it.

such a deadly record. i read about this in the sun today. apparrently they have a new record out this year too although from what i heard of their other records eg, friendloverplane, swagger stands out as the best.

just to reiterate again how good this record is.

nlgbbbblth said:
I haven't seen / got this yet.

Anyone?

got it yesterday. 2 disc set. some remixes and stuff on 2nd cd. i hadnt heard it in years. it really holds up. i imagine beatsongs will be reissued soon too. deffo gonna go to the gig.

Mormon Nailer said:
"Nervy push & wordy stagger"
I can't wait.
Ever hear Rodney Allen's solo work?

not that familiar with rodney allens solo stuff. i saw him perform on transmission on super channel back in 89 or something. solo stuff that is.

ramps said:
got it yesterday. 2 disc set. some remixes and stuff on 2nd cd. i hadnt heard it in years. it really holds up. i imagine beatsongs will be reissued soon too. deffo gonna go to the gig.

if its as good as the second stage in reading 91 it will be deadly. although, i wonder does wojtek still have the moves.

ramps said:
not that familiar with rodney allens solo stuff. i saw him perform on transmission on super channel back in 89 or something. solo stuff that is.

Is it my imagnation or was he in a band with Billy Bragg called the Chesterfields or am I all mixed up.

I saw them (Aeroplanes that is) in the Tivoli the time they were touring the album after Beatsongs. Aout 5 poeple turned up. When the had filled the Rock Garden 12 months before.

People are fickle fuckers.

Mormon Nailer said:
Is it my imagnation or was he in a band with Billy Bragg called the Chesterfields or am I all mixed up.

I saw them (Aeroplanes that is) in the Tivoli the time they were touring the album after Beatsongs. Aout 5 poeple turned up. When the had filled the Rock Garden 12 months before.

People are fickle fuckers.

billy bragg wasnt in the chesterfields, dunno about rodney allen. they had an album called westward ho and were quite jangly from what i remember.

just checked on twee.net. allen wasnt in the chesterfields either.

Could be I have the name of the Band confused but I am fairly adam ant they were in a band together at some stage.

Nothing on Google!

i'm pretty sure it was a Subway band so thats probbably where I got the Chesterfields from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back