The Horror irish tour (2 Viewers)

damien

Since 2000
The Horror, from the UK, are easily one of the best hardcore bands I've ever seen. Loud, fast and tight as hell, they mix original old-skool US HC (minor threat, blag flag, etc) with totally raging fastasfuck bits. All the players were in the last incarnation of legendary UK veterans Voorhies, while the singer did his time in the almost-as-well-known Imbalance. This is their first time in Ireland and they dont tour that often cos some of them have kids and jobs and shit. If you like hardcore/thrash/fastcore/powerviolence whatever you want to call it, you definitly dont want to miss these guys.

they are playing:

Fri 19 Nov Dublin The Voodoo Lounge w/ Kid Blunt and others
Sat 20 Nov Galway Richardsons w/ ?? (dan?)
Sun 21 Nov Belfast ??? w/ ??? (glyn?)

more info as i have it...

http://www.wearethehorror.co.uk

"This is what hardcore should be: fast as fuck, no frills, no metal, no bullshit" - MRR
"Good stuff here. It's always nice when there’s a gem in a pile of shit." - HeartattaCk
"A rampaging vinyl debut." - Suburban Voice
"Blindingly fast, bone-tight and blessed with a production that makes the instruments jump right off the record ... a brutally raw, stripped-down attack that takes the early 80’s hardcore sounds of Negative Approach and SSD and brings them thrashing and screaming into the present." - Kerrang, 4 K's (!!!)
horror3.jpeg
The%20Horror%20Liverpool%202003%20a.jpg

hopefully there are gonna be three irish bands playin..
the other bands i've already asked ages ago but in true irish band fashion they havent given me a definite yes even though its just over a month away and i need to get posters dont before i go on holiday on sunday.. and yes, one of them is the lads of which you speak.
as for the blunt, there arent any other active bands in the dublin area playing anything approaching the fast hardcore style. i believe the last time they were on a GZ bill was around 5 months ago...

bands, form!

damien said:
the other bands i've already asked ages ago but in true irish band fashion they havent given me a definite yes even though its just over a month away
Please tel me I didi get back to saying we couldn't? Otherwise I feel like a knob.
As for bills with different sounding bands,I think they are a good thing. It would be a much bigger problem if the local band playing was shit or just not up to it. However I am disapointed that Knifed can't do the Horror gig or the Walk the Plank gig(if it happens).

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Please tel me I didi get back to saying we couldn't? Otherwise I feel like a knob.
ahh i just kinda presumed ages ago that you couldnt...

DE NOVISSIMUS are now definitly playing, still waiting on one other very good irish band to confirm, hopefully they wont say no.

Denver Max said:
no..no...it's .|..| METALLLLLLLLL!!!!!.|..|
now that you've gotten that out you we can purge the metal from burn it..
holla...

NEVER!!!!!! ENEMIES OF METAL YOUR DEATH IS OUR REWARD!!! LEGACY OF KINGS AND ALL THAT SHITE!!! NOw i've got to get back to California Games 2 and Bobby's World on the SNES.....yeah that's right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back