The Boxing Thread (1 Viewer)

Franco

Anyone follow the boxing?

Loves a bit of the Queensbury Rules so I do. Watched a shit load of it over the weekend.

Bernard Dunne was rubbish as ever.

Clinton Woods got dismantled by Antonio Tarver.

Marguerito Vs Cintron was deadly for while it lasted.

Miguel Cotto Vs Gomez was an absurd, disgusting mis-match. Cotto V Mayweather would be tasty.

Calzaghe Vs Hopkins should be lively this weekend. Can see calazaghe winning it by a couple of rounds.

Meanwhile on another planet, Mike Tyson is offering councelling to Gazza.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0414/gascoigne.html

It's the blind leading the naked.

Anyone watch David Haye Vs Monte Barrett last night? Haye fairly clobbered him - but Setanta are totally blowing smoke up his ass. He's exciting but his chin is as glassy as ever.

Anyways the best bit was Monte Barret's entrance - about a mniute in. Ha ha.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHXHBvhuUUU"]YouTube - David Haye vs Monte Barrett 11/15/2008 part 1/4[/ame]

And Bernard Dunne is the most boring fighter ever.

I used to absolutely love boxing as a kid but Sky ruined it for me. Apart from the Eubank/Collins/Benn fights Ive not watched much boxing in the last 15 years. Coincidentally though I did watch a preview of the Haye fight yesterday morning and he looks very useful

Yeah was a great era back then. But we don't really have ther fighters over here any more so there's little coverage. Setanta show some good US fights alright, but theré's nothing in the papers or on telly about them so they go unnoticed. Heavyweight division is a wasteland at the minute too. Haye can shake it up, publicity wise at least.

I only found out that Hatton is fighting next weekend, the build is nothing like his last fight, I know Mayweather is a much bigger draw but you'd think there would've been some bigger build up.

A mate told me on Friday that Amir Kahn is fighting a lad who used to live just up the road from me in Portmarnock in December.

might as well throw up this, my neighbour

[ame="http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=7961164662&FlashViewType=Personal&MemberId=5576371130"]Video: first round knock out SPIKE[/ame]

apologies in advance for the dodgy effects

Big night of fighting. De La Hoya Vs Pacquiao on in the wee hours. Amir Khan has already clobbered that unfortunate Irish no-mark in a terrible mismatch.

and what on earth happened dunner?twice now my mate has spent a small fortune on ring side seats and twice he's been beaten early on,shit one.glad i didnt do the same myself.

He's a grand boxer but he's vulnerable if he allows the other man to land head shots. Which, unfortunately, he did last night. He was fine up until then. RTE should repeat the Martinez fight this evening to cheer us up, that was just awesome, and I suppose whatever happens, he'll always have that.

He's a grand boxer but he's vulnerable if he allows the other man to land head shots. Which, unfortunately, he did last night. He was fine up until then. RTE should repeat the Martinez fight this evening to cheer us up, that was just awesome, and I suppose whatever happens, he'll always have that.

agreed,he should have kept fighting like he did in the first round,punch punch punch then back off,none of this business of getting right in there and taking head shots.when will he learn?

Look at the fucking size of this guy !!!!!

He's fighting David Haye next month, the press conference was just on Sky Sports news and it was a joke.....

nikolai_valuev-klitschko.jpg

nikolai-valuev-david-haye-2009-9-22-9-10-53.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back