Tetris Schmetris... (2 Viewers)

Beanstalk said:

In the same vein, but harder: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA006860/hako/sample5.html

In case it's not clear, the object is to move the large (2x2) square
down to the exit at the bottom. Its name translates to "A daughter brought up with tender care" and refers to the difficulty of getting kids to leave the damn house. It is solvable, but I don't think it's been done in under 80 or so moves. There are simpler versions on sample 1..4.html.

kstop said:
In the same vein, but harder: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA006860/hako/sample5.html

In case it's not clear, the object is to move the large (2x2) square
down to the exit at the bottom. Its name translates to "A daughter brought up with tender care" and refers to the difficulty of getting kids to leave the damn house. It is solvable, but I don't think it's been done in under 80 or so moves. There are simpler versions on sample 1..4.html.
There's probably a (provably) minimum number of moves...that's something for me to look into, now I've time on my hands...ah yes, I can return to all my erstwhile nerdy pursuits...(but you're leaving a computer programming job - how much nerdier can you get?) Answer - a helluva lot. Baroque opera, anyone?

know the stoopidest thing?

I was moving those blocks about like ham bone for, like, 5 minutes before I even saw the point of it.

That's how much thought goes into things you find on the internet - moving blocks around waiting for something to happen... :rolleyes:

michaelknight said:
There's probably a (provably) minimum number of moves...that's something for me to look into, now I've time on my hands...ah yes, I can return to all my erstwhile nerdy pursuits...(but you're leaving a computer programming job - how much nerdier can you get?) Answer - a helluva lot. Baroque opera, anyone?

I think it may have already been done. I can't remember where I read this. Off to google...

Googling finds this page, but he doesn't provide an actual proof that his brute force technique does find the minimum solution rather than a really good one. Probably has though.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011129053548/homepage.mac.com/mediumkahuna/Read_Me.html

Firstly wtf do you have to do..? I am stupid

and secondly my web bosses say

The Websense category "Proxy Avoidance" is restricted.

when i try to access the last link....fuckin stumped

thickaspigshit said:
Firstly wtf do you have to do..? I am stupid

and secondly my web bosses say

The Websense category "Proxy Avoidance" is restricted.

when i try to access the last link....fuckin stumped

Probably because the original page is gone, so I used the Wayback archive of it from 2001 or so. I'd block that if I were a mean proxy-inflictor-on-people. That page isn't very informative anyway.

What you have to do is slide the blocks around until the biggest block is at the bottom center, where the border is a different colour.

There are versions for OS X and X11 (and probably Windows too) out there if the Java one doesn't choke your chicken.

rumpus said:
That's how much thought goes into things you find on the internet - moving blocks around waiting for something to happen... :rolleyes:

staring at machines huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back