Taking the skin off roast peppers (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
Easier said than done. I wasted alot of time yesterday attempting this. I even put the peppers in a little plastic bag which is supposed to make it easy. Didn't work. Any suggestions?

I believe if you roast them until the skin blackens it's supposed to be easier. Still a rotten job though. I've only done it once, now I just buy them in a jar from Lidl.

yep grill until skin is black, plop in plastic bag and the heat/steam takes care of the rest

Blowtorch.
Seriously. Just blast the skins with a blow torch, break them up, pull off most of it, and then under a tap to wash off the remains.

It's not going to take away the fact that Bell Peppers are fundamentally not very nice though. :rolleyes:

Shaney, you are clearly wrong.
Bell peppers are manky, and totally overpower whatever they are cooked with with their manky flavour. Clearly.

And they should be banned from food.

I have a good mind to de-rep you for that post. The fucking nerve. I thought you were cool Shaney. Wow.

Just wow.

I eat raw peppers all the time. I can eat a red pepper like an apple, is that bad? If so, I never knew.

No it's perfectly acceptable, raw pepper and cheese sambos are the biz.

I've never bothered removing the skin from roast peppers unless it's coming away easy. Grilled peppers are real easy to remove skin. Perhaps grill them a bit after roasting them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back