Sweet potato appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Space

is deep
Supporter
Solutions
They're fuckin great they are.
sweet_potatoes.jpg

I made a big pot of delicousness on monday with sweet potatoes, chickpeas, onions (red and white), courgette, red pepper, tomatoes and veg stock with garlic, chili, cumin, basil, oregano and black pepper. Still got some left for dinner tonight yummy:)

Now, would the sweet potatoes be mashed or cut up? Sounds yum!!

I love 'em mashed with a heap of black paper. Total comfort food.

I'm starving now.

black paper? ;)

I remember having battered, deep fried sweet potato somewhere once. that was nice. anyway, I found myself staring into a box filled with these fuckers in a shop yesterday evening; I concluded that if I bought one I wouldn't know what the hell to do with it. do you boil them or something?

Yummy! I'm not mad about chickpeas mind but that sounds delish. How would one go about making aforementioned yumfest?

plug said:
black paper? ;)

I remember having battered, deep fried sweet potato somewhere once. that was nice. anyway, I found myself staring into a box filled with these fuckers in a shop yesterday evening; I concluded that if I bought one I wouldn't know what the hell to do with it. do you boil them or something?

Black paper? Where did that come from? It's my accent. I'm norn irish.

Yeah you treat them like a normal spud. Boil, fry, bake, whatevs!

deedee said:
Yummy! I'm not mad about chickpeas mind but that sounds delish. How would one go about making aforementioned yumfest?

Here's my attempt at directions:

Fry off half a red and half a white onion in a saucepan both thin sliced but not too thin. Then add the garlic, a red pepper and a small courgette, all roughly chopped and fry for about two mins. While your at that make some veg stock, I use the kelkin stuff. Then add a can of chopped tomatoes, a can of chickpeas, the veg stock and some chunked sweet potatoes. Then add some cumin and chilli powder (I'd guess half a teaspoon of each but I just throw in a fairly random amount), about a teaspoon each of basil and oregano or mixed herbs or whatever and a shedload of black pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer til the potatoes are done and then enjoy.

sweet spudatoes are simply delicious.
ha!

have them as chips, in stew, with anything, really.

(bake 'em and throw some cracked pepepr and lemon juice on top.) OH YES.

moose said:
Here's my attempt at directions:

Fry off half a red and half a white onion in a saucepan both thin sliced but not too thin. Then add the garlic, a red pepper and a small courgette, all roughly chopped and fry for about two mins. While your at that make some veg stock, I use the kelkin stuff. Then add a can of chopped tomatoes, a can of chickpeas, the veg stock and some chunked sweet potatoes. Then add some cumin and chilli powder (I'd guess half a teaspoon of each but I just throw in a fairly random amount), about a teaspoon each of basil and oregano or mixed herbs or whatever and a shedload of black pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer til the potatoes are done and then enjoy.

Yes!! Wholesome yumminess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back