Stress!!030 - HeLiOPausE, Beatpoet, Adela Meally (with Dom!) (1 Viewer)

beatpoet

I'll be playing my first proper live gig tonight supporting Heliopause

Details below

###########################

Less Success, More Stress 030!!

The Most InComplete StressNotes Your Money Can Buy©

Stress!!030 Wednesday 18th July at De Burgo's

"Die Stresse"

HeLiOPausE

Beatpoet

Adela Meally (with Dom!)

Doors 9pm.

Stress Attacks every Wednesday at De Burgo's (The Vinyl of Venues), St. Augustine st. at 9pm.

Electric/Acoustic/Experimental/Improvised Music, Short Films and Random Things

Cover charge e3 before 10pm // e5 after.

www.myspace.com/stressahah

=============================================

HeLiOPausE:

"HeLiOPausE consists of three boyo's from the mountains of Kerry, and one from Cork. They formed in October '05 in Cork where they met at the Colaiste Stiofain Naofa Music Management and Sound course. They're music is instrumental, with guitars, drum and bass with a distinct funky sound. They played numerous gigs in Cork and Kerry throughout 05/06, the highlight being a support slot for Cartoon and Delerentos at the first Bloomfest in Tralee, in August, where they received a great reception. After that they went into hiding for a while. WHATS GOING ON NOW? .. well they re deep in thouht some where in cork writing some new stuff, you might find them trying to draw the dole or build some effects pedals or something. look out for the recording in the last qurter of 2007, hopefully along with a fresh new set. "

www.myspace.com/heliopausecork

============================================================
Beatpoet

"beatpoet aka Garret Collins is an electronica producer from Galway, Ireland.

His sound has been described as melodic, atmospheric, emotive and has been compared to the likes of Múm, Boards of Canada, Röyksopp and even Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

The music blends evolving synth soundscapes coupled with acoustic instruments and digitally mangled samples. Broken melodies and beats.

He will be playing tracks from his forthcoming EP, some improvised trigger fingered beat mashups and a new live version of Tao. The original is featured on 'An Taobh Tuathill Vol 1' due out August 23rd on Psychonavigation Records"

www.myspace.com/beatpoetmusic

============================================================
Adela Meally (with Dom!)

"Well, My name is Adela Meally and I am from Cullahill, Co Laois. As the name suggests, I live at the bottom of a hill which has made it apparently impossible to get broadband. For this reason, making friends can be difficult for me and even small chit chat can leave me feeling very frustrated. I will try to get out more and away from the hill. Anyway, I've cobbled together a demo and have decided to give this my space business a go in the hope of impressing my mother. What else can I really say? Will you be my friend?"

With Dom!

On Bass!

www.myspace.com/adelameally

e3 before 10pm//e5 before 6am the next morning

Doors 9pm, Scattered showers with sunny spells for the next 3 days

Upcoming shows:

18 Jul 2007

HELIOPAUSE!, Beatpoet, Adela Meally (with Dom!)

25 Jul 2007

CANCELLLED!!! Due to The Arts Festival pulling rank on us

28 Jul 2007

RESCHEDULED!! First Possibly Annual StressBusk feat. Thingumalaunch Thingumajigsaw Album Launch w. So Cow, The Shoebombers, Local Living Guy and Underage Jazz Quartet

1 Aug 2007

Glissen (Jimmy Behan & Kate McKeon)

8 Aug 2007

Walkperson, Story of Hair

22 Aug 2007

Anacrusis, Nire (Portland, Oregan)

29 Aug 2007

Somadrone

26 Sep 2007

Zoidan Jankalovich

That explains a few things actually :)

After seeing them the last night I can tell you the Cork HeLiOPausE are a truly excellent band not to be confused with heliopause from belfast/berlin who I know nothing about whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back