Strangers singing/whistling obscure-ish songs (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
Anyone ever heard a stranger on the street, or on a bus, singing or whistling an obscure tune, like say a Yo la tengo or Super Furry Animals tune, or stuff that wasn't that popular with the masses.

Same goes for ringtones.

i spent once of my college years in france and every friday and saturday myself and a friend used go busking. she played the tin whistle and I strummed along on the guitar. our repertoire consisted of Sonny (dont go away), Nancy Spain, The Voyage, Im a man you dont meet every day, two gig/reel things and something by the dublin city ramblers. each song lasted about 50 - 60 seconds and we'd repeat them endlessly all afternoon (every friday and saturday, without change, for months...). one day i was walking down the street and i overheard the little crepemaker man who had his stall opposite where we busked whistling Sonny to himself. maybe its well known in france but i reckon he learned it off us. sorry - this is not what you asked.

Walking on 10th Street
The guy in front of me, Walkman, headphones on, Stones cranked
The thing that caught my ear, singing loud and clear
Well every couple of steps I heard "Woo-woo"

When I listen to my MP3 player on buses I sing to myself a lot like a fucking fool, I only ever relise im doing it when the skank in the seat near me snigger....

Id never sing on the school bus to myself, jesus christ it would be asking for death by jeering.

That sort of thing got me through some hard times when I worked in the supermarkets. It's good to hear someone whistling a tune you like, you stop, notice it and realise "no, people aren't all dickheads."

on the bus once there was a bloke blarring Marillion's Fugazi album really fucking loud on his walkman. So loud I could tap my foot and I was half a bus away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back