Steerage (live) @ REPEATER, Friday 12th March (1 Viewer)

snap-apple

Supporter
Since 2000
R>E>P>E>A>T>E>R
Bodkins Bar, Bolton Street, Dublin 1

Friday 12th March - Admission Free - 10pm

Steerage (live), JC, Daire Lennon, Decal, Americhord
Steerage on at 10.30pm

STEERAGE

Steerage are an instrumental rock band based in Dublin, Ireland. Originally formed in summer 2000 there have since been a few lineup changes leading to the current 4-piece lineup of Donnchadh Hoey (guitar), Peter Sisk (guitar, ex-Playground Psychotic), Conor Rapple (bass) and Bref Murphy (drums, ex-Papercop). The band's sound has evolved over the years and has recently been described as 'putting the rock into post-rock', 'melodic but turbulent', 'complex and constantly evolving' and 'menacing, dark and deft'. Donnchadh, Conor and Bref were all involved in an instrumental side project called An Hermetic Collective in late 2002 which formed the basis for the current steerage setup. The band released their debut EP, recorded as a 3-piece before Peter Sisk joined, on sinkorswim records in July 2003. There are some reviews of the 'Smash them all to bits' EP online at Do Something Pretty, Cluas and Eclectic Honey. You can read an interview from the Sunday Tribune from last year here. There are a few tunes to download linked from here.

nEiLo said:
10pm? that's a bit late for Breff!:p

i know, i know, we're gonna give him a wee nap in the afternoon and then feed and burp him and he should be ok ;)

i'm going too. it will be interesting to hear what your music sounds like with guitars and bass.
i really like the one that goes boom boom tsh boom boom tsh!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back