South Korea - Grace In Defeat... (1 Viewer)

treesurgeon

I love this country, and I really wanted to see them do well but FUCK SAKE they are being a whiny bunch of cunts over that Swiss game. You'd think there'd never been a debatable offside call before in the history of the game. They were down a goal anyway, France had the two goals they needed against Togo, only Lee Chun Soo seemed to be active in any way...

and...

S. Korean man booked for threatening to blow up Swiss Embassy
SEOUL, June 24 (Yonhap) -- A 44-year-old South Korean man was booked for investigation Saturday for attempting to make a threatening phone call to the Swiss Embassy here after South Korea lost 2-0 to Switzerland in a World Cup match in Germany, police said.

The man, identified only by his family name Kim, called police right after the South Korea-Switzerland match ended early Saturday (Korean time) and inquired about the phone number of the Swiss Embassy, saying "Give me the number. I will blow it up," police said.

Police booked Kim without physical detention after finding out his whereabouts with the help of the telephone directory service.

South Korea failed to advance to the knock-out stage of the World Cup finals. Many South Korean fans were especially upset by a disputed second-half goal allowed for Switzerland, although the linesman called it off-side.

Switzerland, along with France which beat Togo 2-0 in another Group G match, moved to the second round. South Korea and Togo were eliminated.

Workmates of mine are involved in online Swiss boycotts (what, web addresses that end in .sz?)...dear friends, usually full to the brim with good sense are saying Sepp Blatter personally bribed the referee, children are calling each other "Swiss saram" as the lowest of insults...:mad:

the goal in question, with helpful commentary...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ha, dickheads. That was a perfectly good goal, and the Koreans are the only ones to blame for it because they should have played the referee's whistle and not the linesman's flag. The referee actually got it right too, which is quite rare in this World Cup.

Well the Swiss are gone now - good bloody riddance. Horrible stuff from them last night.

snap-apple said:
Well the Swiss are gone now - good bloody riddance. Horrible stuff from them last night.

yeah they were so incredibly boring. at least ukraine can be entertaining to watch. chevvie on the ball was infinitely more interesting than anything any swiss player did or could have done. although he took a capper peno.

old said:
Ukraine. Boring bollocks. Sooner they're out the better.
yeah. too many donkeys in this last eight.. england, ukraine, portugal? class will out i say class will out.

nlgbbbblth said:
South Korea - bad losers. Overrated fans.

Switzerland - People wouldn't be half as negative if they hadn't qualified from Ireland's group.
switzerland is full of cunts tho.

sure don't they have a statue of oliver cromwell in the park in geneva.

B00004YVB6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

cuckoo_clock_s1.jpg

asi44900-chocolate.jpg

wld3.jpg

_735232_gold300.jpg

Fuck off Switzerland.

Quarter Finals - Germany v Argentina Brazil v France

Fucking right, two great matches

England v Portugal Ukraine v Italy

Fuck sake, two borefests.

From those 4 matches, pick the matches where you would like to see either side win the World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back