soulseek query (1 Viewer)

Franco

i've just got broadband in and stuck on soulseek but it seems to take ages to download tunes - like an hour each. is that the norm? i mate of mine has limewire and that seems to take no time. is limewire faster, but with less a variety of music or something?

John D'oh said:
i've just got broadband in and stuck on soulseek but it seems to take ages to download tunes - like an hour each. is that the norm? i mate of mine has limewire and that seems to take no time. is limewire faster, but with less a variety of music or something?
what speed broadband connection you got?
what kind of download speed you get off the internet?

i'm a bit rubbish with computers but it's regular eircom broadband. not noticably slow at watching or downloading stuff, except with this. i starting to figure that any help you provide will go over my head 'cos i don't really have a clue what i'm on about. but feel free to enlighten me anyways.

John D'oh said:
i'm a bit rubbish with computers but it's regular eircom broadband. not noticably slow at watching or downloading stuff, except with this. i starting to figure that any help you provide will go over my head 'cos i don't really have a clue what i'm on about. but feel free to enlighten me anyways.

on the tabs on the search page it should go: "filename", "folder", "user", "size", "D/L Speed", "in queue", and "attributes". the higher the number the user has in D/L the faster the download, so when you finish yr search, if you click this, all the fastest people will go to the top of the list. and if you click "in queue" you'll get all the people who are free to be downloaded from at the top, or the people with the least files queued to be downloaded.

also, this took me a while to figure out, if you right click you can choose to download the entire folder that contains the album/song, so it downloads into its own folder and all. maybe thats an obvious thing, but i was using slsk a few months before i figured that out.

Bag'o'cans said:
oh hanley you monster, tell me that's not an earthshake victim in your avatar!!!

It's crazy Jehova's Witness art...

1997_wt_sept_1_23_large.jpg

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/pictures.htm

eyelish said:
also, this took me a while to figure out, if you right click you can choose to download the entire folder that contains the album/song, so it downloads into its own folder and all. maybe thats an obvious thing, but i was using slsk a few months before i figured that out.

Be careful with that though, some people don't use folders that well and may have 100+ tracks in one folder. This of course is not your fault but they may not see it that way, they'll just think you're greedy and possibly block you.

Igor said:
Be careful with that though, some people don't use folders that well and may have 100+ tracks in one folder. This of course is not your fault but they may not see it that way, they'll just think you're greedy and possibly block you.

this only ever happened to me once. the guy just had all his music loose in once folder. it totally crashed my slsk. so yeah, watch out for the folders names too.

Igor said:
Ive done that a few times.
It is the without doubt the worst thing in the world...spend so long deleting them afterwards,its actually quite funny.
Is their some way of deleting waiting transfers en masse?

paul- said:
It is the without doubt the worst thing in the world...spend so long deleting them afterwards,its actually quite funny.

yeah i think you can highlight a number of transfers and delete them then.

try bringing the cursor over to the right a bit and drag in over a number of the files. can definitely be done.

Got it now.
Youve got to right click in that blank space between name and status on the file,then drag.

i've just started using soulseek too. does it always take so long. it's not the download speed, just all the qs seem to be very big and it's taking an age just to start the download.

cunt said:
i've just started using soulseek too. does it always take so long. it's not the download speed, just all the qs seem to be very big and it's taking an age just to start the download.

pretty much, it gets there in the end though, sometimes...

paul- said:

You can actually left click on the very top corner of the pile of transfers and scroll down, but its a bitch to do, and if your mouse is senstive then it flies down the page. old school, and a veritable pain in the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back