Skinny Wolves night this Friday... (1 Viewer)

skinny wolves

Website
www.skinnywolves.com
FIST FITE (USA)
CAP PAS CAP
BATS
& Skinny Wolves DJs

Friday 7th December

The Boom Boom Room, Dublin
Above Patrick Conways, Parnell St, Dublin
Doors 8.30 / ADM 8euro

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

FIST FITE

l_a4cd04341ab401e4df8a7b64bdf0229e.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/fistfitefistfite

After seeing FIST FITE play live in the states, the KLAXONS have decided to bring them along on their sold out UK tour in December ( along side Simian Mobile Disco, Metronomy + Crystal Castles ). They have been described as "a mix of the Gossip and the Lost Sounds" or how about "Siouxsie and the Banshees meets DEVO meets Les George Leningrad"?
"Actually pretty good if you like synth thrash, punk prog, and literally phoned-in screams. During the odd halftime breakdown, the band's stomping rock drums, ominous keyboards, and scuzzy bass actually sounded a little like Justice's horror-disco anthems."

"Though some of Fist Fite's keyboard sounds are damn close to bleeps from the original Legend of Zelda, this is not a two-bit eight-bit band. Vocalist Jonnie Monroe slides effortlessly from seductive chirp to rock howl, all while doing a spazzy tap dance across the stage. And Christian Carmine's pummeling of the boom booms has enough punch to make you blink on beat and a fluidity yet unmatched by any machine - Jason Simms. Willamete Week."

A three person punk frenzy, a bundle of raw berserker energy. Their lead singer was an animated keyboard player, who would lean back to the very edge of when she was about to tip over, and then fling herself forward to scream into the mic like there was no tomorrow - Sound on the Sound.

I was really scared they'd start evolving into a more normal band - ie more normal antics, maybe become predictable, but they haven't at all. They remain at the top of their game - you can guess, but you don't truly know what's coming next with them. - notontheguestlist.com

they don't give a shit - it's all about getting through their set however possible - whatever that entails and last night, it brought about a lot of fun. They don't take themselves seriously at all, which I learned from TI is the most important thing possible. - notontheguestlist.com

CAP PAS CAP

l_e93dcd3b8853b084e29702cfb5be4675.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/cappascap

"Cap Pas Cap occupy that awkward no-man's-land where Sonic Youth, Talking Heads and !!! might get it on at Frank Zappa's slumber party" Jonny-Krishna Rothwell, DAZED & CONFUSED

"This band reminds me of anything that was ever fascinating about Post-Punk, No Wave, etc... hints of bands like BUSH TETRAS, PYLON, early SONIC YOUTH and many more come to mind - but the best thing is that CAP PAS CAP turn all this into a sound of their own! Not only the best thing out of Ireland since many many years, but maybe as well one of the best records of this and last year!" X MIST

"CAP PAS CAP are a heady mix of disorder. Jagged guitar and irregular vocals vie with pulsating motorik rhythms to create a lean and dispassionate funk sound" Maximum Joy

"Fantastic debut EP from Dublin's Cap Pas Cap who skillfully combine elements of Sonic Youth, LCD Soundsystem, the Rapture and the Cure to create a wonderful indie-post-punk meltdown." PICADILLY RECORDS

"Out of step at home it may be, but their sparky, percussive post-punk ramblings are more than in tune with what's going on elsewhere and in the age when a song can go round the world in a matter of hours, Cap Pas Cap could be set to fly." Hot Press

Cap Pas Cap are repairing to record their debut album in early 2008.

BATS

ballisticapparitionterminationsquad.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/leatherbeatsfeather

Hatched from tiny eggs resting in the heart of a frightened child, BATS (featuring ex-members of Martha Washington) have different coloured eyes. BATS have been carving a following within the Irish independent scene playing a lot of different gigs including supports to "Gang Gang dance" and "Warlords of Pez". Bats are a mix between the heft of "Circle takes the square" and the melodies of "Blood Brothers" in a duel to the death!

Bats have just finished recording their debut release on Armed Ambitions.

Oh and er, Cork show:

FIST FITE (USA)
Hooray For Humans

Ping Pong @ Liquid Lounge, Cork
Saturday 8th December (tomorrow)
Doors at 10:30pm, H4H onstage at 11pm
Admission: 10/8 euro

* Also anybody who's at Ladyfest show can flash their stub and get in for 6 euro.

Oh and er, Cork show:

FIST FITE (USA)
Hooray For Humans

Ping Pong @ Liquid Lounge, Cork
Saturday 8th December (tomorrow)
Doors at 10:30pm, H4H onstage at 11pm
Admission: 10/8 euro

* Also anybody who's at Ladyfest show can flash their stub and get in for 6 euro.

sounds a bit too sexual for ladyfest

this was several kinds of awesome. i hadn't seen BATS before and they were even better than i'd hoped, cap pas cap were deadly (again), and fist fite...i felt bad for being asleep-standing-up-girl when they had enough energy for everyone in the fucking room, possibly everyone in the postal district. fun fun fun.

This was great, thanks for everyone for coming out...

I think thats it for 2007...

Lots more planned for 2008, in the form of more gigs/ tours and more new vinyl.

All the best
- Wolves...

Good gig. The keyboardist from Fist Fite really should have known that turning the treble up on the amp would have improved the sound though. First time seeing Bats and Cap Pas Cap and both were excellent, well done!

I thought I saw M.I.A. at this, in the crowd. So did my friend after I told him later. Wasn't she supposed to have the cancelled gig the same weekend?

I don't remember seeing any girls that even looked like her. There was quite a large proportion of girls at the gig though I do remember that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back