Shite picture of Jandek at ATP (1 Viewer)

mamul

744471661_l.jpg

as good as my camera gets. the man blew the socks off me tho'. anyone know who the young chap drumming with him was? amazin drummer
C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CBrian%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5Catp2006%5CDSCF0101.JPG

mamul said:
anyone know who the young chap drumming with him was? amazin drummer
C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CBrian%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5Catp2006%5CDSCF0101.JPG
probably alex neilson. did he have red hair? amazing drummer. been listening to jandek all day ... gone through telegraph melts, follow your footsteps, modern dances and blue corpse so far

oh yeah, you can check out more alex neilson under 'directing hand' and 'scatter' if you're interested. he does a lot of stuff with richard youngs (who was probably playing bass with jandek at atp) too

ddmurph said:
oh yeah, you can check out more alex neilson under 'directing hand' and 'scatter' if you're interested. he does a lot of stuff with richard youngs (who was probably playing bass with jandek at atp) too

The new Scatter album is great....

Maybe I should have given him a bit more time but Jandek wasn’t for me. Music was a bit cold. Apparently it was jammers at the start but when I arrived half way through his set there was only about 50 people. Anyhoo, I got bored and legged it upstairs to check out Bert Jansch, which was excellent.

Deadly weekend - Comets on Fire, Services, Liars, Oneida (AMAZING), TV on the Radio, Devandra, Bat for Lashes were all highlights for me. And Vashti Bunyan’s performance was something very very special.

Oh yeah and what’s the deal with Mudhoney? Load a shite. Must be for the over 30’s.

alex neilson and richard youngs alright. he was a load of bollox though. the place was packed to the rafters when he came on and seriously, everyone just took a picture and fucked off. earning indie points i think (like me. example, "yeah,yeah i saw jandek once...yeah he was alright"). i came back after bert jansch and there was only a few stragglers/fans left. i gave it another go but just wasnt feeling it. people like the myth and not the music i reckon.

but anyway, highlights:
liars, comets on fire, hundred eyes, vashti bunyan, services, celebration, tv on the radio, bert jansch, imaginary folk, oneida, danielle stech-homesy, jana hunter, spleen, metallic falcons, vetiver and drunken choco and joe.
and lowlights:
jandek, the scientists, yeah yeah yeahs and mudhoney.

cant wait until december!! buy tickets now if youve never been.

tin robots said:
people like the myths about banshees and those Nordic gods and not the musical instruments carved from bone that are sometimes found washed up on beaches i reckon.
stay off the crack!!!
Jandek rocked it in slow motion. Excellent
Mudhoney did suck balls.

ddmurph said:
what kinda reaction did he get from the crowd actually?
From the few that stuck around he got a good one. think a load of dudes had to leave half way to go off and fix their hair tho'. Thought yer man Neilson looked a bit like a young Ron Howard.

mamul said:
From the few that stuck around he got a good one. think a load of dudes had to leave half way to go off and fix their hair tho'.
i think i might have enjoyed that jandek performance if i had been going to see him on his own in a club or something, but at that festival, with everything else going on, it wasn't for me either.

and as for mudhoney sucking balls. can't agree there. it was the highlight of the weekend for me. maybe it was for the over 30s...

I've read a couple of slags of the mudhoney performance at ATP. HOW how could a person not like them? Their gig in the village was one of my tippety top gig highlights of the recent past.

boigaz said:
and as for mudhoney sucking balls. can't agree there. it was the highlight of the weekend for me. maybe it was for the over 30s...

kirstie said:
I've read a couple of slags of the mudhoney performance at ATP. HOW how could a person not like them? Their gig in the village was one of my tippety top gig highlights of the recent past.
I'm guessing because they are too young to realise how important they were to us old folk back in the day.

well stan, you are probably correct.
Stan Bowles said:
I'm guessing because they are too young to realise how important they were to us old folk back in the day.

Stan Bowles said:
i think you might be right.

but i feel this is similar to last year with the slint atp. i was never a melvins fan - i just never got into them because i never even listened to them. everybody raved about their performance and i just couldn't see what the big deal was.

with the mudhoney show, they did just the right set as far as i was concerned. they played a good few songs i didn't know but they were interspersed with tunes i absolutely love and so i enjoyed everything they played. i nearly shot my bolt when they played when tomorrow hits.

anyway, different strokes for different folks

boigaz said:
with the mudhoney show, they did just the right set as far as i was concerned. they played a good few songs i didn't know but they were interspersed with tunes i absolutely love and so i enjoyed everything they played.
This is very true. I saw them in 2002 and they played nothing but new stuff till the encore, and I wasn't that blown away by it. The village last year was mostly old stuff and I loved it.

tin robots said:
the place was packed to the rafters when he came on and seriously, everyone just took a picture and fucked off. earning indie points i think
yeah, that's what i was expecting to happen.

mamul said:
Thought yer man Neilson looked a bit like a young Ron Howard
haha, he kinda does alright

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back