[Sep 21, 2013] Honningbarna (Whelan's) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 966
  • Watchers 0

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
551283_10151283210191924_2033457083_n.jpg

"These lads have the energy, the charisma and the sheer brutal originality to break through language barriers.Tonight’s show is one of the best live outings we’ve seen in years." -www.the-fly.co.uk (Whelan's review, Apr 2012)

"You won’t want to miss this, TRUST ME." - Nialler9 (Whelan's preview, Apr 2012)

"There was a serious buzz ahead of young Norwegian punk band Honningbarna's Whelan's show on Tuesday night and boy did they deliver. In Edward Vallberg they have a once in a generation front-man of diminutive frame but volcanic energy.....These lads are f**k off special" - The Ticket (review of Honningbarna in Whelan's, Apr 2012)

“Well i'm a man that has seen some punk rock bands in his time and some rock and roll bands in his time, and let me tell you: One of the finest I've seen in many, many years is Honningbarna.” - Vic Galloway, BBC Radio Scotland

“I knew very little about these Norwegian kids before I walked into Vera to catch them apart from three different people recommending them in a week. I was blown away. A bunch of brats playing political punk-rock in their native Norwegian language who all looked 16 yet played like they’ve been doing it since they were born.” – Nialler9(Eurosonic review)

“These Norwegians have an expertly honed coil/release thing going through the songs and even the introduction of a cello into the singers hands doesn’t stop him almost destroying it when the song inevitably hits the most rock of moments. Our eyes were glued to every second.”– State.ie
HONNINGBARNA

Norway's Honningbarna are a once-in-a-generation band who still at a tender age have hit the ground and almost broken the land speed record. They made their Irish debut in April and nearly lifted the roof off to an audience utterly rapt by their astonishing energy and visceral punk rock fury and will no doubt come to be regarded as a legendary show in the history of the venue. In Edward Valberg they have a front man whose wirey theatrics resembles a happier Ian Curtis and who controls the stage like a man who has been doing this all of his life. The young Norwegians have got all of Europe salivating at their high intensity and all-consuming live shows and having taken Eurosonic by storm and captured the imagination of every critic who has crossed their path, Honningbarna(Honey children) are now set to take on the rest of Europe as they set out to export their ferocious musical insurrection across the continent. DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back