[Sep 14, 2013] Jay Brannan (The Sugar Club) (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
POD presentsJAY BRANNANSaturday 14th September 2013
The Sugar Club
Doors – 19:30pm
Tickets €15 (this price includes booking fee) available from Ticketmaster and usual outlets. www.ticketmaster.ie

http://www.jaybrannan.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaMixtNVO8M

Jay picked up his first guitar at age 20, just as he put down an alcohol addiction. This new, healthier dependency took hold, and a few failed attempts at romance later, Brannan found himself in New York City auditioning for John Cameron Mitchell’s experimental film Shortbus. Landing the part, he fell into a world of performers who made him feel comfortable as a creative professional for the first time. “I finally learned to trust myself as an artist and began to believe that I do have something to contribute, a concept that had been beaten out of me in just a few years of attempting a career in entertainment.”

Jay’s online following was simultaneously taking physical form as he began playing to sold-out crowds in his hometown of New York City. Deciding to try his luck with farther audiences, his first performances sold out in advance in cities as far flung as London, Paris, L.A., Toronto, Vancouver, Cape Town and Tel Aviv. Within one year, Jay jumped from playing small clubs and venues to sold-out Manhattan theatres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back