scorpions on a plane (1 Viewer)

SONYMEGADRIVE

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...l=chi-newslocalchicago-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Flier stung by scorpion gets apology from airline

Published January 11, 2007

CHICAGO -- United Airlines apologized to a man who was stung twice by a scorpion that sneaked into his pant leg aboard a flight that departed from O'Hare International Airport last week, officials said.

The airline refunded his ticket, offered to pay for his medical bills and gave him a voucher for $500 Wednesday after learning of the bite, United Airlines spokeswoman Robin Urbanski said. Officials don't know where the scorpion came from, she said.

David Sullivan, 46, of Stowe, Vt., said he was napping at the end of a flight home from visiting family Jan. 3 when he felt a sharp pain in his leg. As he left the plane, he said he felt a second "electric shock."

"When I pulled up my pant leg, I saw the scorpion run down my leg," Sullivan said. "My wife and I couldn't believe it. We were in shock."

The plane had arrived in Chicago from Houston, where Sullivan believes the scorpion came on board.

this is kind of like how yesterday the girl in dunnes didn't give me my cashback and I never noticed until I missed my bus and had to go and get coffee while I waited for the next one. anyway, I marched into dunnes today in an outraged yet calm manner and i got me my 20 back, AND an apology.

sort of.

i have scorpion lollipops

scorpinapple.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back