Scion Sell-Out Fest! (1 Viewer)

Gambra

Anarchic Harmonics
Website
www.noisenotmusic.org
Who'd have thought all your favourite metal bands would sell out so hard? (Scion are an SUV & car range made by Toyota marketed at the under 30's)

http://www.scion.com/rock/

Line Up:
Mastodon
Neurosis
High on Fire
Boris
Cryptopsy
Torche
Nachtmystium
Wolves in the Throne Room
Baroness
Harvey Milk
Kylesa
Zoroaster
Withered
Krallice
Toxic Holocaust
Skeletonwitch
Rwake
A Storm of Light
Warbringer
Salome
Suidakra
Tyr
Alestorm

Mastodon, Neurosis, High on Fire, Boris & Harvey Milk I can understand to an extent. It's Torche, Wolves in the Throne Room, Baroness, Kylesa & Krallice I'm all disappointed to see on there.. Also am still ticked off at no Irish WITTR Irish dates on their Euro tour!!

Hideous cars though.
lg_01-2008-scion-xb-customized.jpg

Jeezus, that's hard to look at.

that's the actual physical expression of what happens when you combine progressive metal with automotive transport. it was so much better when it stayed in the astral plane.

would yis all be happier if there was no festival, or maybe if Toyota were really secretive about them funding to it?

What would happen if you found out about them funding it at the end of the Festival?
Ah yeah. Couple of deadly acts. But then I found out Toyota was paying for a lot of it. Fuck Toyota for wrecking it for everyone.

Hideous cars though.
lg_01-2008-scion-xb-customized.jpg

Jeezus, that's hard to look at.

It looks a bit like R2D2, kind of
R2-D2_cookie-jar.jpg

hhmmmmm... maybe not...

I though Wolves in The Throne Room were all "Anti Civilisation", yeah- it's all there in the website, "inspired to form a *Cascadian eco-spiritual awareness* band at the 2002 Earth First rendezvous in Washington.

Man.... this stinks! They must have an ulterior motive.. maybe they'll burn it down

would yis all be happier if there was no festival, or maybe if Toyota were really secretive about them funding to it?

What would happen if you found out about them funding it at the end of the Festival?
Ah yeah. Couple of deadly acts. But then I found out Toyota was paying for a lot of it. Fuck Toyota for wrecking it for everyone.

The major prob is that Wolves In The Throne Room say that they're radical environmentalists but then play, not one, but two gigs for a major car company. Also Torche, Baroness & Kylesa have all played pretty DIY tours in Ireland over the last year or two and now are playing this.

My problem with it is not the festival itself but the bands listed to play who claim to be all about X or Y or this ethic or that ideal etc and then go play a fest sponsored and paid for by a car company.

i see better now what you are saying Gambra.

The issue of accepting money from a company that makes polluting devices.

I don't know. Its a very difficult line.

the thing is that... evreything is linked to everything else at some point pretty much.

Standing up for what you believe in is good. But I mean the fact of the matter is we live in a Capitalistic society. We use Intel CPUs in our machines running Microsoft to preach high and mighty ideals.

Its just very difficult not be paralysed and do nothing if you start thinking about it. You must suck up some shit at some point.

These lads want to make music, and are good at it, and people like to hear them.
And they have ideals, that they feel they want to let people know about, presumably so others can follow their lead.

They already have made deals with devils. Everyone more or less must do the same. We are all obedient corporate slaves to some extent or other, whether we like to accept it or not.

I'm not saying that everyone should instantly give up and buy BigMacs. But believing you are not part of The Man is damaging and untrue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back