Safari for Windows (2 Viewers)

Donwloaded this and have been using it a bit.
meh. Not sure i'm too impressed. Still prefer firefox for no particular reason.

what jews think?

i have been hearing fairly scathing reports about it.
Basically the guts of it was the Safari beta is nowhere as stable as the Firefox 3 alpha. Also, when it bombs, it doesnt remember its state and offer you that on reload, it just reloads fresh.

Safari for windows is not going to work out too well in the long run because the competition is vicious Windows land, and is probably going to cost Apple a lot, with negligible or worse returns.

Hard to know what to think. I dont really care much either way, although anything that takes market share away from IE is a good thing.

There'll surely be some iPhone tie in. Can't see why else they'd port it to pc. I don't know anybody that uses Safari, even on Mac.

yeah, only use firefox to gmail chat. thats it
yeah, what's the fucking story with gmail chat in safari? only realised the other day that it doesn't work.. I always use safari, and I'm on gmail a lot; does this mean I've been unwittingly ignoring messages from friends and family all this time?

otherwise safari is great; although if you're making sites it''s probably a lot better to test them in firefox.

never used firefox me

Safari is actually a Linux browser, called Konqueror, with an Apple finish on the front end. Like the brushed metal look and that stuff. Inside, its the same old Linux browser, with a little bit of dumbing down.
Its funny, Konqueror is a real hacker browser. It can do all sorts of interesting things out of the box.
I used to use it a bit. Now I fin firefox handier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back