RTE 2's Champions league coverage (1 Viewer)

dAndAn

Man give it up for Rte 2 and its football coverage.

Last nights analysis of the game and the subsequent debate over Manchester Utds fall from grace was – again - excellent. Some of the best shit on telly. Ya wouldnae get that on BBC or IT fucking V let me tell you…..

i was flicking between sky and rte cos the commentary went. The sky analysis was so shit. gullit, hoddle and wilkins all pussyfooting around Ferguson no-one willing to say he should go. they all just kept saying 'big changes' are needed, and looking at each other grimly. pussies.

Yeah feckin gimps in their 2 grand suits, scared that a risky comment could jeopardise their future in football punditry. You might as well have a load of hairdressers analyzing the game. Geebags

Thank god for O'Herlihy & friends

Dunphy was looking particularly sly, like it was a personal triumph on his behalf. see what happens when roy leaves. then he said, the great man utd team, blah blah Keane, becjkham, all great players...

jayses, but he gave becks some stick while he was there. probably on orders from roy. and now roy might be playing with him again, he's alright.

funny, every match ends up being a discussion on man utd, even the liverpool game last week...

some scottish mates of mine thought that dunphy and giles were rubbish. they started laying into the 'two walnut face lads laying into utd, saying all thier players were shit.' i guess they're just not used to it.

John D'oh said:
some scottish mates of mine thought that dunphy and giles were rubbish. they started laying into the 'two walnut face lads laying into utd, saying all thier players were shit.' i guess they're just not used to it.
well, they're kinda like a lady scorned, aren't they. oh, feet of clay, man u, feet of clay.... fergie should have gone way back when...

John D'oh said:

Dunphy & Giles are just too ugly & opinionated for some.

People would rather watch Andy Townsend & Ally McCoist give their predictably optimistic & comfortable pre match prediction from behind a portable desk at the side of the pitch. Ha ha ha have you seen that shit yet?

[quote = ratmonkey]Do RTE have both nights to matches on Tuesdays and Wednesdays next season? I seem to recall hearing somewhere that they do.[/quote]

Man I hope they do cos I would rather stick a crunchie up me bum than watch the coverage on TV3 ever again.

he had a great little anecdote about getting pulled off ( substituted not wanked) by jimmy armfield last night. you know when you find yerself smiling at the telly?see me during that bit of banter.

Be thankful for RTE's football coverage, Giles and Dunphy are a fuckin great team and even Beglin is alright. As a team they're a mile ahead of any other channel, as pointed out all the other pundits are fence-sitting bastards. They should get Gordon Strachan to pundit, he's always amazing. Brady is shit though.

Brady is a pea-brain alright but he gets up the lads just right. Dunphy must hate him.
i'd love to see youre a star with giles, brady and Dunphy as the judges.rip those meat headed shitsacs apart

GILE'S for Ireland!

Cormcolash said:
Brady is shit though.

no way. he made dunphy look the fool the night of the roy walkout discussion. he's usually on the money and he doesn't shy away from harsh words. he's miserable, but so's football these days.

Be the Hokey said:
no way. he made dunphy look the fool the night of the roy walkout discussion. he's usually on the money and he doesn't shy away from harsh words. he's miserable, but so's football these days.
in fairness, eamonn did most of the work of making himself look a fool. Don't know why eamo hates brady so much, used to rate him as a player and gave big jack no end of stick for not picking him. i reckon it's the aresnal thing.
eamon and gilesy are ok, most of the time, but EVERYTHING comes back to man utd and keano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back