Rosa Parks RIP (1 Viewer)

sorry gav, i'll try and let you post up the news first next time :p

actually, i dont see the rory carroll kidnap/release mentioned on the iraq thread. do you wanna do the honours?

I assume everyone is well aware that the Rosa Parks not giving up her seat thing was totally orchestrated? They had loads of ladies lined up to do it, Rosa Parks got to do it as she was the most *wholesome* one.

spiritualtramp said:
I assume everyone is well aware that the Rosa Parks not giving up her seat thing was totally orchestrated? They had loads of ladies lined up to do it, Rosa Parks got to do it as she was the most *wholesome* one.

no, you assumed wrong.
what kind of a conspiracy theory is that?

whatever that theory, the fact is that it was a crucial moment in civil rights history. it's hard for us to fathom just how monumental not giving up a seat on a bus was because we weren't around then.

La La said:
no, you assumed wrong.

that's what wikipedia says.

edit. that doesn't take away from standing up for what you believe and being a catalyst for change

La La said:
no, you assumed wrong.

whatever that theory, the fact is that it was a crucial moment in civil rights history. it's hard for us to fathom just how monumental not giving up a seat on a bus was because we weren't around then.

Err, its totally true. Not a conspiracy theory.

Do you think it just magically happened? It was planned for ages, and a jolly good plan it was too.

Martin Luther King and co. had loads of lovely old ladies gagging to do it,so they checked out all their pasts to ensure maximum sympathy ratings (wouldn't look good if an ex-hooker was leading the bus protest, would it?). Thus Rosa Parks got the job.

La La said:
really? haha im gonna look it up now

on another note re. wikipedia - the guardian had a piece on it where it got experts to comment on wikipedia articles of their field. i thin the average response was 6/10

spiritualtramp said:
Do you think it just magically happened? .

ah. hmmmm.

i wonder if this was orchestrated too...

link.1989.tiananmen.jpg

broken arm said:
on another note re. wikipedia - the guardian had a piece on it where it got experts to comment on wikipedia articles of their field. i thin the average response was 6/10

Ha! I was just about to reply to your post by saying how the Guardian says Wikipedia isn't totally correct.

I have some cool bus boycott quotes in a book somewhere (had quite the obsesssion with african-american writers), must dig them out.

spiritualtramp said:
No, but that happened the day after the massacres rather than on the actual day.

actually i believe it happened before the massacre

edit: no you're right it was the day after

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back