ripcord damage is done flexi (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
was sorting through old singles today and came across a ripcord flexi, the damage is done, i had forgotten aboutti, it was in a blondie sleeve, both sides play well but there is no cover, at a guess there can be fuck all of
these around so wondering if any of ye record buffs know if tis worth much?

there were 2500 pressed, it did come with a picture sleeve though, I`ve seen it on lists for anywhere between $20 and $40, you might get a bit more on eBay though

actually i was wondering, i know most of the shops in dublin that are good for various collectable vinyl, just wondering if any of the culchies could point me in the direction of good shops areound the country, and i don't mean punk/hc stuff exclusively, anywhere that sells really good quality late 50's early 60's american rock n roll?

By the way i well recommend that guy who has a stall down the back at the blackberry fair in rathmines, he was selling all his shit half price last week, got, guns n roses 'lies', Eddie Cochran double LP and Aerosmith 'Gems' for 12 quid all together...better than that other rip off cunt there who is charging 30quid for Flux of Pink Indians that i got in freebird for a tenner a couple of months ago.

bushies shop in bray has got loadsa deadly music from the 60's 70's. he has a copy of thin lizzy live and dangerous the irish pressing , and a good selection of older punk stuff too. they're also getting pretty hurt by the darts not runnin on the weekend so a bit of support would be much appreciated im sure.
ive gotten sum deadly stuff there in the last while...got a early 80's DC comp(no dichord bands) with loadsa bands i never heard of for 2 euro. good shit!

mc moley said:
bushies shop in bray has got loadsa deadly music from the 60's 70's. he has a copy of thin lizzy live and dangerous the irish pressing , and a good selection of older punk stuff too. they're also getting pretty hurt by the darts not runnin on the weekend so a bit of support would be much appreciated im sure.
ive gotten sum deadly stuff there in the last while...got a early 80's DC comp(no dichord bands) with loadsa bands i never heard of for 2 euro. good shit!
What 's the DC comp called you got? I'm curious.
That Flexi sells regular for as low as £10 And without a cover is probably not worth much at all. Flexis need to be mint to get much for them.

cheers everyone, doesnt look like i will get to retire on that one!

surprised at the price, theres probably loads of classics i'd want that are more affordabel than i thought then,

especially as i wouldnt be that bothered about mint condition, ive had a fair few collectors tut tuting at the state of some of my collection - classic punk records should be palyed at sessions i think but a lot of peopel think otherwise.

understandabel i suppose when ththings are hard to replace.

smithfield was another mad gaff for records left out of thier sleeves at sessions.

the strange guy said:
Yup. Alot of my records were destroyed when I was in Smithfield. Heartbreaking as it was, I'd still trade a record for a monster session.

Ah yes, like a fool I once lent my records to Thomas during the Smithfield years. I lost a lot of classics too, Pink Turds in Space, Thin Lizzy(Bad Reputation)... it pains to think about it even to this day, but then again I did use the place for many a session, and the memories were definetly worth the records considering I never actually lived or payed rent there, even though most of my memories of 99-2001 in Dublin are based within the walls the place.

GREAT MUSIC = GREAT SESSION

GREAT SESSION = FUCKED RECORD COLLECTION

Such is life...

it was a comp called
SOUNDS OF THE CITIES vol 1: DC.

its pretty good, and in very good nic, doesnt look like its ever been played b4. original pressing too and i doubt it if they did loads of them.
its got a load of crusty looking punks(cartoon) on the bak skatin and rippin shit up and then theres a little guy who looks like ian m. crying and saying ''i didnt participate''.
i think its ment to b a stab at the straight edgers from the drunk punks or sumthing. its pretty funny. got some really weird songs on it. ill pm ya the list of bands if i think of it when i get home.

mc moley said:
it was a comp called
SOUNDS OF THE CITIES vol 1: DC.

its pretty good, and in very good nic, doesnt look like its ever been played b4. original pressing too and i doubt it if they did loads of them.
its got a load of crusty looking punks(cartoon) on the bak skatin and rippin shit up and then theres a little guy who looks like ian m. crying and saying ''i didnt participate''.
i think its ment to b a stab at the straight edgers from the drunk punks or sumthing. its pretty funny. got some really weird songs on it. ill pm ya the list of bands if i think of it when i get home.
Is it on Mystic? If so I have that and it's pretty good. Not so much harDCore as punk. I wonder what else is out there if that popped up?

My mates shop "Universal Records" in letterkenny tends to have some good second hand vinyl. I've got some deadly stuff there over the years.

mac warzonescum said:
Forget the Klondike: this could be the start of the Bray Dodgy Punk Record Rush. There's vinyl in them thar hills!

What do they use instead of Pickaxes and Donkeys to obtain and carry their fortune?

More to the point, why did I capatilise pickaxe?

mmm and i have the week off work, maybe i really should take the trip out to bray, i was in that shop a few years ago, before bushie took over and strangely enuff got the blackbelt jones/tony feeny split 7" there, its nice to be looking throuhg old copies of brotherhood of one zine, there is having a chip on ur shoulder and then there is a having a huge fuckin rock.
Anyway we should geta continious record thread goin ere, people could be trading stuff and the like, for some reason ive neded up with a four copies of the bloody mutants/noise pollution 7" and ive got a shitload of dodgy crust im only too sure someone would wanna take off my hands.

actualy ed u'd love the metal they have out in the bray shop
he had like every maiden record there at one stage, theres a bit of ac dc left some neurosis i think, this weird grindcore comp, plus other stuff.

i reckon if anyone has a bit of money and a day to spare head out and check out what he's got cuz they might go under and it'd be a real shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back