Reykjavik Gig - Gotta Be The Perfect Single Gig For Some (1 Viewer)

wrafter said:
BJÖRK * ZEENA PARKINS * MÚM * DAMIEN RICE * LISA HANNIGAN * GHOSTIGITAL * DAMON ALBARN * EGÓ * MAGGA STÍNA BAND * MUGISON * RASS * SIGUR RÓS * KK * HAM * HJÁLMAR + SURPRISE GUESTS

And I'll be there (I just had to say it!).

http://www.savingiceland.org/node/326

It's a bit short of perfect... but would've been sweet. Thanks for the heads-up on a sold out gig that's happening next week. .|..|

spady said:
Thanks for the heads-up on a sold out gig that's happening next week. .|..|

Fair point. Only discovered it myself within the last 48 hours though, and I've spent a busy weekend figuring out who I know where to get in the door, and putting together a flight plan. (Iceland Express offering a STG£9 one way ticket from Stansted up there if anyone's interested...)

wrafter said:
BJÖRK * ZEENA PARKINS * MÚM * DAMIEN RICE * LISA HANNIGAN * GHOSTIGITAL * DAMON ALBARN * EGÓ * MAGGA STÍNA BAND * MUGISON * RASS * SIGUR RÓS * KK * HAM * HJÁLMAR + SURPRISE GUESTS

And I'll be there (I just had to say it!).

http://www.savingiceland.org/node/326

You smug bastard! Hope you enjoy it :)

Not too arsed about most on that list but I haven't seen Bjork since 1997 so am rather jealous.

you gonna stick around iceland for a while?a place i've always wanted to go to,have had the lonely planet tempting me on the bookshelf for ages but it's so expensive once you get there.can't believe those flights.sweet deal.i'm so jealous,not least because i'm totally in love with bjork as well.enjoy

Iceland's been a place I always wanted to go too. I just bit the bullet on this one. I'm going alone too. Have flights (though I didn't get them as cheap as that - I only saw that offer after - though it's only costing me E70 one way anyway. I still have to buy the return ticket, but I expect to come back on Monday 9th, though it's not set in stone.

Unlike you I have no Lonely Planet book, and have no research done, so I'm just checking car rental prices right now to see what I can do, and where I can go.

Accommodation here: www.icelandica.com, which seems bloody nice. Way too nice for me. But I was swayed by location, and by Jacuzzi.

icebanner.gif
focustakeaway.gif

The best received act of the night, was, one Damien Rice. Sigur Ros played a solitary single song. Mum weren't particularly inspired. Mugison was very entertaining. Hjalmar is Iceland's resident and very popular reggae band. Ham, a long lost band especially reformed for this gig.

i'd hate to have to sit through a large mound gig. you don't see me waving that you in your face though, do you?

p.s. if you do actually see me, please take photo and post here. i'm convinced i'm in work right now.

It was worth it to me. I thought the combination of seeing these artists, perform under one roof on one night, for an environmental awareness event, in the presence of an almost exclusively Icelandic audience, in a city and country I always wanted to visit but never had; get in for free; drink some Icelandic beer; soak in the atmosphere - you know it goes... It was all that and more. And will always remain one of my greatest musical moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back