records/albums you really want but just can't find anywhere (3 Viewers)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
Richard Young's has one called Stormcrash which he pressed up on vinyl on his own No Fans label about a year ago but he's only selling it at gigs, he doesn't play a huge amount of gigs and nobody has ripped it and posted it online or offered it for sale on ebay, at least not that I've seen anyway. Seemingly it comes in a No Fans "tote bag". I will get it but in the meantime it remains a deliciously tantalising dream.

James Last - America Album (1970).

I have a complete run of his studio and live LPs [1963 - 1992. No more vinyl since then] but that one eludes me.

Promo copies do exist. It's getting a CD release later this year which is some consolation.

also Half Man Half Biscuit - Voyage To The Bottom Of The Road. Have never seen a vinyl copy for sale.

I loved having things to hunt for. It gave purpose to rooting in second hand shops. You'd find other things while youre at it.
I've nothing in can think of I'm searching for right now.

I really like contemporary composition/modern classical so there's loads I look at that go for €100-1000 which I'll probably never own. There's always the dream though of walking into a charity shop and finding someone has left in a La Monte Young collection and buying it all for 10 quid.

the rumoured remaster of 'astral weeks'. i've read that it was only released in japan, but it's not something i've followed up for a couple of years.

nomeasnno-mama.jpg

Few things I was looking for I managed to track down, the Beasties "Cookie Puss" I found in New York and The Jesus Lizard / Nirvana split I found in Sydney...

Still looking for The White Stripes / Dirtbombs split, even missed out on the Record Store Day reissue from this year! Have the tracks on a comp CD though...

Is that Nirvana/Jesus Lizard record worth any money?

Is that Nirvana/Jesus Lizard record worth any money?

Not a huge amount, unless you've got the picture disk version, which was only available in Australia, I think. You'd pick the regular one up for around 10 or 15 quid.

Oh well ....... guess I'll keep it then.

I thought that Nirvana\Jesus Lizard split was going to be my retirement fund when I bought it back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back