Record Profits - Vinyl On Track To Make A Recession Comeback (2 Viewers)

skinny wolves

Website
www.skinnywolves.com
Record Profits - Vinyl On Track To Make A Recession Comeback

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The recession may be hitting retailers hard, but one industry could be on track for a surprise comeback. New figures show sales for 7-inch vinyl records are up for the first time in 25 years, with bands like Radiohead leading the way. So is the age of the iPod over? Skys Steve Hargrave sets the record straight.

of the last 3 LPs i bought, only st vincents newie (4AD) didn't have the download code. when download codes come with all of them then i don't see any reason to buy a CD.

besides listening to music in the car I've no use for cds anymore.

do these download codes give access to FLAC files or are they MP3s

I've been toying with the idea of carrying cds on the stall, the lower shipping might actually make the mail order element viable (if I ever get around to sorting the site out)

I think I'll probably just look into selling record players instead though.

besides listening to music in the car I've no use for cds anymore.

do these download codes give access to FLAC files or are they MP3s

I've been toying with the idea of carrying cds on the stall, the lower shipping might actually make the mail order element viable (if I ever get around to sorting the site out)

I think I'll probably just look into selling record players instead though.

If it's a choice between CD & LP then LP wins every time but there's an awful lot of stuff that just isnt available on LP at a realistic price so if it's a choice between CD & nothing then CD wins. Nothing loses. You hear that nothing?

wow. that's mad.

shame you can't have a listening post though. i asked and was told that kids would wreck the records/turntables. any way the bar code scanner thing could be used for records?

It's the nature of the store unfortunately. At the moment the only place for a turntable is at the back of the store where there is not always someone to keep an eye on it and certain folk were making shit of the LPs, the needle and the turntable. But it's something that we absolutely have to rectify and sooner rather than later.

By the way, when I say 'halved' Im exaggerating a little but not a lot

If it's a choice between CD & LP then LP wins every time but there's an awful lot of stuff that just isnt available on LP at a realistic price so if it's a choice between CD & nothing then CD wins. Nothing loses. You hear that nothing?

It's the nature of the store unfortunately. At the moment the only place for a turntable is at the back of the store where there is not always someone to keep an eye on it and certain folk were making shit of the LPs, the needle and the turntable. But it's something that we absolutely have to rectify and sooner rather than later.

By the way, when I say 'halved' Im exaggerating a little but not a lot

USB turntable? or would that be a pain in the arse/impractical/unworkable?

one thing i find myself doing is buying 7"'s. before i rarely bought singles but i quite enjoy seven inches

I reckon my new 7" is gonna sell in the hundreds because of this news.

LP sales have more than doubled in a year in Tower. Everything else has halved though.

Think the market was always there, Tower just seem to have a much better choice of vinyl than a year ago. Long may it last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back