Recommend me a nice Italian restaurant to bring the missus, please. (1 Viewer)

dAndAn

Italian is about as exciting as she'll go for.

Wheres nice in town? Somewhere with a nice ambiance and good wine.......yeah

Ta

There's a place across from the Porter House. I believe its called Bella Romano. It was recommended to me by me Italian mate, and he knows his stuff.

cinellis at the top of o'connell st do a great sit down curry roll chips and beans with cans of minerals
david jay of bauhaus fame went there for his tea the night the archdukes of comedy darkness were playing the ambassador.

i dunno, it was a comical moment... i suppose you had to be there.*

*for the record, i wasn't.

il boccaro on meeting house square. not yer pizza and pasta italian, proper hearty dishes, tis deadly and rosemantic

Me and Mr Jane are going to Il Baccaro tonight, or we hope to, anyway. And if it's got the Dudley Seal of Approval, I'm regretting that I had such a big bowl of muesli for me lunch because I'll be wanting more of an appetite. Maybe I should spend the rest of the afternoon doing jumping jacks.

Yum yum yum.

Me and Mr Jane are going to Il Baccaro tonight, or we hope to, anyway. And if it's got the Dudley Seal of Approval, I'm regretting that I had such a big bowl of muesli for me lunch because I'll be wanting more of an appetite. Maybe I should spend the rest of the afternoon doing jumping jacks.

Yum yum yum.

a good walk by the sea should sort out you appetite.

There's a place across from the Porter House. I believe its called Bella Romano. It was recommended to me by me Italian mate, and he knows his stuff.

went to some italian place there opposite the porter house a few weeks ago, a whole load of us, and everyone thought it was pretty dull - nothing wrong with the food as such, just not very good - wouldnt recommend it. i think it was called ciao bella though, not sure. these might be two different places altogether.

terenure has a nonsensical number of italian restaurants for a nondescript suburban crossroads.

A regular haunt for me is Steps of Rome...
Pokey little joint off grafton st.
Best pizza, great pasta. very authentic... Bit of a squeese though.

Best of all, theres no faffy waiting staff and they leave you the fuck alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back