Reason/ReCycle - Drum stutter/glitches (1 Viewer)

tibor

How do folks,

Been playing around with Reason lately, and I think I've gotten the hang of it, but one thing I haven't figured out how to do properly is putting a stutter on a drum beat.

Looking for something similar to what you hear Mum/Album Leaf/Aphex Twin/Squarepusher/65daysofstatic do quite a bit.

I went and got ReCycle as I was told it was the best for it, but haven't been able to produce anything good with it.

Any tips?

Cheers,
j.

How do folks,

Been playing around with Reason lately, and I think I've gotten the hang of it, but one thing I haven't figured out how to do properly is putting a stutter on a drum beat.

Looking for something similar to what you hear Mum/Album Leaf/Aphex Twin/Squarepusher/65daysofstatic do quite a bit.

I went and got ReCycle as I was told it was the best for it, but haven't been able to produce anything good with it.

Any tips?

Cheers,
j.
  • maker a mixer
  • right click on mixer and make a delay
  • set time setting to milliseconds and set time to 30-50ms
  • make a drummachine
  • load a drumkit
  • make a subtractor
  • press tab and connect LFO out of subtractor to feedback in or delay
  • put in a drum track and twiddle the sends (S1 and S2)above each seperate drum thing

• maker a mixer
  • right click on mixer and make a delay
  • set time setting to milliseconds and set time to 30-50ms
  • make a drummachine
  • load a drumkit
  • make a subtractor
  • press tab and connect LFO out of subtractor to feedback in or delay
  • put in a drum track and twiddle the sends (S1 and S2)above each seperate drum thing
and set oscilator on subtractor to random and change ammount and rate to suit your self

Also, try jacking up the resolution on redrum to 1/64 and set your number of steps longer than 16. This is good if you don't want the reverby sound on your stutters...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back