Putting a Jack Plug in a car CD player (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

Anyone know how to do this?

I've seen a car with a lead hanging down from the back of the dash that you can plug an iPod (other mp3 players are available). It was an "inny".

It was a "ghetto" job, but looked fairly doable.

I have a bog standard Panasonic CD player in the car. No idea how old it is. Would that be able to be "hacked" in such a way?

Frankly sick of my CD's getting ruined in the car.

I would assume that the CD player would have to have a source for you to select for the input but i could be wrong.

Might be easier to replace the whole radio, i did it in my car and it was a piece of piss

Ah yeah, replacing the whole thing is a piece of piss.

I think its when you choose the CD it redirects to the jack plug.

Ah yeah, see if you can get a manual for the radio online and it might shed some light on where the audio from the CD player comes from? Or just open her up and have a look yourself

I'm thinking a jack plug & a bit of soldering will cost me pittance...

I've seen it done & looked pretty sweet & if memory serves it was connected to an old cassette radio job.

I have no idea but gimmie a shout if you ever want sky digital in your car. Heres a picture of my car;

cardish.jpg

unless your cd player has an aux or multichanger input/mode (which means it will have some form of stereo input on the back), you'd need to open it up and solder onto wherever the cd player connects to the onboard amplifier (which might be all on the once board). after that the best to look at might be radio broadcasters that plug into the cigarette lighter for power and broadcast the music to your radio. the ones with batteries are a bit shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back