Public Notice (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
I'm going to doheny & nesbitts to drown my sorrows soon.

As the '65535 session ID' problem that brought the whole board down a few months back is going to happen again soon (i'm on 65,006 right now), would anyone else who would like to add to the absolute all round fucking shittiness of the last seven days please do so in the next 15 minutes.

Right about now i'm not overly inclined to fix it this time round.

thanks,
pete

pete (12 Apr, 2002 05:08 p.m.):
I'm going to doheny & nesbitts to drown my sorrows soon.

As the '65535 session ID' problem that brought the whole board down a few months back is going to happen again soon (i'm on 65,006 right now), would anyone else who would like to add to the absolute all round fucking shittiness of the last seven days please do so in the next 15 minutes.

Right about now i'm not overly inclined to fix it this time round.

thanks,
pete

pete,turn on today fm.then wait for the aa ad where that song "everythings gonna be alright".the guy's voice and the song will be enough to send you round the bend completely.

Pantone247 (12 Apr, 2002 05:26 p.m.):
sorry to hear about the job pricks

both sucks and blows

so when is Thumped going to blow up??

I'll miss it

see you all over at Cluas

pete,
don't ever take our thumpy away, don't make us go over to cluas and start LIKING the frames ("scene leaders" that they are).

flash, flash, we've only 14 hours to save the earth!
xx

Pete

I see you are running Microsoft-IIS/5.0 on Windows 2000.

Is this a database issue?

I am not an SQL Server head (Oracle head) but I do know that 65535 is FFFF in hex.

You session sequence needs to be reset or increase the size or it or flush out the sessions table!

there's a bug in the cgi script that means that when it hits that magic number of user sessions it forgets to reset back to zero

it has to be done manually, which involves lots of messy ssh / telnetty / mysql carry on

pain in the arse

Admin (12 Apr, 2002 05:43 p.m.):
there's a bug in the cgi script that means that when it hits that magic number of user sessions it forgets to reset back to zero

it has to be done manually, which involves lots of messy ssh / telnetty / mysql carry on

pain in the arse

is it something to do with the ultraboard script or is the script your own?If it's ultraboards,you should get onto them and see what the story is.it's likely the problem has happened to loads of people.

ultraboard disappeared about a year ago

which means no more support

various bits and pieces are falling apart behind the scenes - this is why at one time i was considering buying vBulletin, as it has an import script available that would mean the 20,000+ old posts could be retained.

Admin (12 Apr, 2002 05:50 p.m.):

various bits and pieces are falling apart behind the scenes - this is why at one time i was considering buying vBulletin, as it has an import script available that would mean the 20,000+ old posts could be retained.

Thats a dilly of a pickle alright.i don't know what to tell you.

Admin (12 Apr, 2002 05:50 p.m.):

jesus pete, now's your chance to get RID of that shit!

do it!

i'll give you cash money.

no no no no no no no no no no no no

to clarify:

No.

I'm going to the pub now

to paraphrase:

if it breaks, it breaks

I may be some time.

perhaps i should have added a :) to that. jaysis pete, bad mood and all, but calm down. out of curiosity, what particular objections would you have?

Admin (12 Apr, 2002 05:43 p.m.):

pain in the arse

This sounds like the field on the database that session id is stored can only store number which is 65535 long. If you alther the field n the table to a different number type i.e. 99999999999 then maybe this will resolve the issue?

The cgi script may also need to be changed to accommadate this change!

Well it broke at about 6pm this evening, but with a little help from Andy all is well again.

So blame him.

[1](thanks andy)[/1]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back