promoters for children of fall? (1 Viewer)

damien

Since 2000
hey, children of fall (from sweden i think, somewhere in scandanavia anyway) are coming to rock ireland between 18and 21 nov. they play intense, passionate, edgy, screamy hardcore (check out samples at http://www.scenepolice.de/downloads.html).
gigs in dublin and cork have been booked, but i need two other interested parties to make up the tour (belfast and cork, perhaps). please email me if you're interested in doing a gig for them.
[email protected]

gig

I'm sure there isn't a problem doing a Belfast date..I'd gladly put them on down at the Warzone, and I'm sure Connor, Phil, Pete and all would be into it also...

are they still going?? I remember that cd they had out on genet a few years ago... it was FUCKING WOEFUL.

looks like its gonna be : (nov)

mon 18th dublin
tue 19th cork
wed 20th limerick
thur 21st belfast

still no cork promoter... patrice? vince(i lost your email address)??

never heard their old album, the new one rocks (on scene police, not genet)...

also upcoming : vialka (based in slovenia, from france and canada), punk/noise two-piece attack, ex-members of NNY

fri 22 nov limerick
sat 23 kilkenny
sun 24 dublin

erm, dont mean to keep harping on about this but i've been listening to some children of fall mp3s and they are awesome.. the albums going to be arriving soon so contact me if you want a listen .. mp3s sound kinda like catharsis but less grind and more emo (when i say emo i dont mean wussy cry bits but more high pitched screaming and different dynamics/not just power chords all the way through, etc). i'm starting to think its not the best idea to have them in the music room (it being a 1st floor room.. this is going to be LOUD) but what can you do.

just got the new reason to believe...

CHILDREN OF FALL "Ignition For Poor Hearts LP" (Scene Police)
These political Swedish hardcore punkers provide a neato little booklet with this record which contains interesting lyrics and explanations to their spectacular, powerful and intense music which is sort of similar to:
(a) Catharsis, but with a slightly different sense of urgency about their heavy, screamo sound
(b) Dolly Parton, but with a slightly different sense of urgency about their heavy, screamo sound
(a) Alvin and the Chipmunks, but with a slightly different sense of urgency about their heavy, screamo sound
(a) Enya, but with a slightly different sense of urgency about their heavy, screamo sound

yes, the full details are:

mon 18 dublin (the music room w/ puget sound and scared shitless)
tue 19 cork (UCC old student bar, adm free)
wed 20 limerick (the savoy w/ dischord)
thur 21 belfast (not sure what venue but its either giro's or the front page.

should rock. record nerds also note, i've been told that a large proportion of the scene police distro is on the road with COF. they have shitloads of amazing stuff.

which one? if you're talking about dublin then the answer is i'm not sure. officially, yes it's 18s but i'm not sure if the music room will have bouncers on a monday night and even if they did you could always come in early and see what happens. how young do you look? i know a few under 18s who are planning to go ...

wel i dont look too old-anyway ive been in contact with the guys at scenepolice-i hav to pick up an lp from them at the gig cuz the one they sent me was badly scratched-they figure if i ask for a guy called martin he'll get me in, so thats pretty cool

unless there's some massive fuck up (which there could well be) the gig should be over in time for the last bus, ie around 11.15, just like gigs used to be before pesky GZ ruined it for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back