Printing T-shirts (1 Viewer)

Monkey

Website
www.tshock.net
I suppose this goes in this forum.

Can you buy home screen printing kits for making t-shirts and are they pricey?

Or alternatively is there anwhere that'll print t-shirts from a file on a disk (i've a PC not a mac)

you can buy a program which allows you to import images/text and print them onto a sort of iron on sticker, which you sort of, eh, iron on afterwards.

unfortunately its not very permanant, a couple of washes and we're talking crack city.

and i don't mean detroit.

unless we're talking techno.

which we're not.

ahem.

you don't need a programme for that, it's just special paper. That's pretty good for 1 offs but generally crap.

I think monkey was talking about something different altogether. What you're talking about is buying a screen printing machine thingy. I really have no idea, but i'd guess you'd need about a grand. search the web for suppliers,maybe i'm wrong.

Originally posted by snakybus
How's about we all chip in to buy a screen printer.

Then we could all wear each other's t-shirts.

Yay.

Or we could all form a knitting circle and knit jumpers with the logos of our favourite bands embroidered in them....

You can do it all by hand. You put your design onto a screen by putting glue on the bits you don't want to be coloured in. Then you put the screen over the t-shirt. You use a squeegy to drag ink across the screen. The ink goes through the bits of the screen not covered in glue and onto the t-shirt.

Originally posted by help

although i was quite bothered when i saw this

"abortion - herbal gynecology - how to abort"

is going to be part of the next crimethinc. diy guide .. . *shudder*

That... that is mental.

T_Shirt printing paper is available from the likes of Viking Direct office suppliers and Read's of nassau Street, plus countless office suppliers online and on-street. Usually about 6-10 sheets in a pack, costing from €10 - €20. Each A4 sheet can have various designs printed on them (you set printer preferences to print a mirror image), making up the whole page. You then Iron the bits you want onto a clean white (more noticeable on white than black, for some reason) T-shirt.

You can easily get 20 t-shirts done from one A4 sheet if it is just a logo or band name etc.

When washing, keep inside out. Don't Iron the transfer directly in the future (if you are one of those who irons T-Shirts) as it will melt off in places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back