• Replies 16
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 1

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
ffa5995d181a68f34f12d434de180904_XL.jpg

'There is no possibility of accidently running into the Catalan equivalent of David McWilliams giving a cookery demonstration' - Hugh McCabe on Primavera Sound 2015

Continue reading...

Didn't go this year but what was the stage setup like? Is it still that big long trek from one end of the site to the other that they introduced in the last 4 or so years? And the big stage with the amphitheater-style seating woefully under-used?

Oh yeah, in 2011 or 2012, they had shuttle Mini's (a sponsor) going back and forth from the food area to the stages way down by the sea front.

I don't mind the walk, unless I'm late

In view of all the other unhealthy activities I'd be engaging in at that weekend

Sounds great, except of course the bit where you said Belle & Sebastian are good which is, as always, utter fucking nonsense.

I'm not really a fan but there are two or three songs I really really like and they played exactly those songs over the course of the ten minutes or so I was watching them ...

I'm not really a fan but there are two or three songs I really really like and they played exactly those songs over the course of the ten minutes or so I was watching them ...

They put on a pure fan service set. Exactly as it should be at these things. And they are as Primavera a band as there is.
It was a total party.

My only worry was when they got people from the front to come up and dance on stage.
One of the fuckers up there was wearing a RTJ t-shirt (RTJ were on an hour later). Shows you how early some motherfuckers are getting there.

They put on a pure fan service set. Exactly as it should be at these things. And they are as Primavera a band as there is.
It was a total party.

My only worry was when they got people from the front to come up and dance on stage.
One of the fuckers up there was wearing a RTJ t-shirt (RTJ were on an hour later). Shows you how early some motherfuckers are getting there.

Heavens forbid someone might like bands that are playing consecutively on te same stage

Heavens forbid someone might like bands that are playing consecutively on te same stage

He was the only one not singing along or even dancing. He was just taking photos of the whole thing.
I have an eye for the odd fish.

I upped my game accordingly. Fewer bands, better spots.

Ah, man, you skipped Run The Jewels?

Stomping set.

Sleafords was deadly. Loved the fake ending.

Yeah I should have gone to RTJ. You make your choices, you have to live with them. Forgot about the Sleaford Mods false ending. That was great. "Where the fuck do you lot think you're going?"

Great review, I saw quite a few of the same bands, but found sunn0)) to be absolutely wretched and a real endurance test and played at a deangerously loud volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back