Plan B Magazine to go (3 Viewers)

There was also a real emphasis on the personal aspect to it - the articles were very subjective. In one way I love that as it really brings across the enthusiasm and love the writers have for the bands/music.
But on the other hand, in many cases it put up this wall between the writer and reader.

I think there's a fine line between injecting some subjectivity and it becoming a vanity project. I find the same with a lot of music blogs. Just tell me about the music already...I don't give a fuck what occurred to you while you were swimming earlier on.

above all they always introduced the reader to so many new bands that they were genuinely passionate about, rather than bands who were the new 'in' thing or whatever...some of the bands on their covers would never ever get to be on another magazine cover. Sigh.

i dunno about that - they had that whole "tastemaking" thing about them which meant that they were always a little ahead of the curve with stuff that was gonna cross over anyways or had been bubbling under for a while - cover stars i remember of the top of my head - joanna newsom, the gossip, css, yyy's....and old hands like sonic youth, silver jews and the breeders. i found it occasionally impenetrable (just like the wire sometimes) and the afforementioned "house style" could be offputting but as an old fan of Everett True I always like his writing - even when it was maddenlingly "i'm with the band"!. Then again he did have the first ever release on Creation Records and "invented" grunge so maybe he is cool;)

I'm sure it'll continue as a webzine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back