Pink Floyd's Roger Water's years (1 Viewer)

Best one?

• Saucerful of Secrets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ummagumma

• Atom Heart Mother

• The Wall

• More / Obscured By Clouds

• Total voters

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
people with bad attitudes (and punks maybe too) should probably turn back here.

Animals is amazing. I'd probably go for the wall next if i could. I wathced a DVD of the Wall live in Earls court in 1980 yesterday - very good.

Animals is amazing. I'd probably go for the wall next if i could. I wathced a DVD of the Wall live in Earls court in 1980 yesterday - very good.
Meddle has Echoes, my favourite Floyd tune. i'd go for Dark Side next...there's a reason it's been in the charts for a million years, quite possibly a perfect album.

It has to be Meddle - One of These Days is gobsmackingly good. Oscillations and Tardis-type Dr. Who weirdness. Me likey! Also Pillow of Winds breaks my heart and makes me wish I could go back in time to the day this photo was taken and marry Dave Gilmour .....*sigh*

Attachments

• DaveGilmor.jpg
    DaveGilmor.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DaveGilmour1.jpg
    DaveGilmour1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DaveGilmour3.jpg
    DaveGilmour3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 95
Meddle: excellent
Dark Side of the Moon: Excellent
Wish You Were Here: Very very good
Animals is ok but descends into Gilmour wank
The Wall: A bit overblown and egocentric, but some great songs

I think the period from Meddle - Dark Side - WYWH was their best, and Meddle is my favourite.

Animals is ok but descends into Gilmour wank

i love the guitar playing on animals, gilmours best i think - quite harsh and aggressive in a way that he never really did before or after. have you heard the early versions of dogs and sheep on bootlegs of 1974 shows? gilmour just plays rhythm guitar and theres noodly keyboard solos instead of guitar solos - the guitar ones are much better.

Change bad attitudes with sense :) boring boring music

i was just looking at david gilmours website there and there was this syd barrett tribute concert in england recently and DG played unannounced doing a version of arnold layne with rick wright, nick mason, jon carin (on keyboards) and whoever is playing bass with oasis these days playing bass. roger waters was also there and played one of his own tunes with jon carin also playing with him. i would have thought in these post live8 times that roger might have been able to get up and play arnold layne with the rest of the band....

i was just looking at david gilmours website there and there was this syd barrett tribute concert in england recently and DG played unannounced doing a version of arnold layne with rick wright, nick mason, jon carin (on keyboards) and whoever is playing bass with oasis these days playing bass. roger waters was also there and played one of his own tunes with jon carin also playing with him. i would have thought in these post live8 times that roger might have been able to get up and play arnold layne with the rest of the band....

which of the above albums is arnold layne from??

:p

Either Animals or Meddle, i cannae decide. Never bothered getting The Final Cut or Obscured by Clouds, The Wall was too much wankydoodledandy for me...

i would have thought in these post live8 times that roger might have been able to get up and play arnold layne with the rest of the band....

crikey me too

they're obviously very serious about that being a one off performance

which I guess is a rare sign of integrity in rock

or they all hate Roger again

I'd love to see behind the scenes footage of the live-8 rehersals..

the final cut is a big pile of festering poo.

its patchy but has a few outstanding tunes:

Your Possible Pasts
The Fletcher Memorial Home
Southampton Dock
The Final Cut

these four songs are above reproach, and there are a few other decent enough ones but its mostly filler. When The Tigers Broke Free (from the wall movie and added on to TFC reissue) is a great tune too

waters annoys the bejesus out of me, but my favourite floyd album is the one where he properly took control, animals.
meddle.
wish you were here.
dark side of the moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back