Pies,pasties,sausage rolls etc.-GOTTA LOVE 'EM! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 3

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Meat and pastry-What a combination.
Steak pie is my favourite food.
Lately I've been scarfing sausage rolls from Centra in Artane like billyo.
Imagine my shock horror upon checking the calories on a packet of Tesco's sossy rolls this evening.Two hundred and fricking thirty eight kcals per roll!So I only had the three with me dinner.

Why are the best things in life not free(of cancer causing beer belly swelling bogeyness)?

State your meat and pastry fave raves here,so I may expand my repertoire.

P.s.Anyone got any love for tinned steak and kidney pies? because NOM.

saucy chicken pie is a classic. basically any meat, in sauce, in a pie. with mushrooms, bonus.
i'm a fish pie addict. fucking love fish.
all the fish pies seem to say low cal/healthy choice on them as well so maybe you should check them out. or make one. co-op have those boil in the bag fish steaks on special for months now, you could probably get something similar in dunnes or tesco (or fresh from a fishmonger), i get them and boil 'em, mash them into saucy splendour with boiled/microwaved spuds and splash a bit of soy sauce on, fit for a king and ready 10 minutes after getting in the door. the best thing about those cod with parsley sauce or whatever kits is the sauce is included to make everything creamy.

I forgot about fish pies.Ah yeah,deadly.

I'd say a bit of fresh fish in simple white sauce with mushrooms and spuds all topped off with that ready made frozen puff pastry..........WINNER!

I forgot about fish pies.Ah yeah,deadly.

I'd say a bit of fresh fish in simple white sauce with mushrooms and spuds all topped off with that ready made frozen puff pastry..........WINNER!
or you could top it with mash or sliced spud
i've gone off the idea right now though cos i've just had a tin of mackerel and two cod steaks...no more fish pls

I bought a four-pack of Ginster's Cornish Pasties today in Tesco for €2.50.

Very nice but could probably do with a dribble of some sauce on them. I'm yet to decide which sauce though.

or you could top it with mash or sliced spud
i've gone off the idea right now though cos i've just had a tin of mackerel and two cod steaks...no more fish pls

Then where would the pastry go?

!bingI suppose you could do what I have done in the past and serve the pastry separately/on the side.

Spinach and ricotta is a classic in any shape or form.Throw 'em into a pie with spicy beans.....I like what yer saying.

I had a tesco finest salmon encroute a while ago. I felt like i'd been doped after it. I looked at the package and it said it contained 1500 calories. Hard to slot that into a controlled, sensible diet.

jayz are tesco selling brit food in finglas now? one of the main thing i miss about blighty is the fact that they serve pastry at every meal and course if you want it. paddies never really got a taste for it...

I had a tesco finest salmon encroute a while ago. I felt like i'd been doped after it. I looked at the package and it said it contained 1500 calories. Hard to slot that into a controlled, sensible diet.

1500!:eek:.Counting yer veg thats a whopper dinner.

jayz are tesco selling brit food in finglas now? one of the main thing i miss about blighty is the fact that they serve pastry at every meal and course if you want it. paddies never really got a taste for it...

They are,Theres fucking pies as far as the eye can behold.
Frozen,fresh(a-like) and tinned.
Now that you mention it,I must observe the size of my neighbours over the coming months,see if theres any correlation between plentiful affordable on the scratcher english sausage rolls and local obesity.

God help the Finglas posse when they discover pork pies and scotch eggs(2 for a € incidentally)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back