One of our songs is on an ad for Today FM (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

someone told me this yesterday...?
they never asked us if they could use it, can they do that?
not that i really mind or anything, just strikes me as a little odd..
how do i get money for this now?

Yeah its deadly alright... Would love to know why/how they chose our song though.
I'll get onto IMRO i spose.

i heard it and texted ye. she loved it and told everyone to head to your myspace and then because i'm sneaky i texted in saying oh oh oh what was the name of that cork band i love that song ..: ) and so hehehehe ye got another mention..

Yeah, in fairness, she was all over ye like peanut butter on toast. "Brilliant" and "amazing" were the phrases she used if my ears serve me correct.

Still though, get the moola.

_40867273_loadsamoney203.jpg

this is coming from the man who started a torrent thread!!

what exactly is the dilly-o with imro?i got the forms n stuff but is it true you gotta be played on radio/tv twice before you can join?

yours sincerely

confused in dublin

what exactly is the dilly-o with imro?i got the forms n stuff but is it true you gotta be played on radio/tv twice before you can join?

yours sincerely

confused in dublin

hey i don't think that you have to be played on radio or t.v to join. the best thing to do is to just go ahead and register your songs.

yo alan

today f.m will log all the songs they use, so if the song is registered with imro then you get money every time it's played.

well, the person who wrote the song will. so if you're in a band and you all write the songs together then you should register under each of your names.. rednecks do this, we get 20% each.

you should join raap.ie too, it's more musician orientated than songwriter oriented, here you get money for any recording you have played on when it's played on radio or tv, even if you are just a guest musician or whatever..

i remember registering and putting in about four years worth of records that i had played on in one way or the other and then getting 150 quid or something.. :) pretty funny.. but i do know of somebody who registered and got 7 grand. so it's worth a pop.

hey i don't think that you have to be played on radio or t.v to join. the best thing to do is to just go ahead and register your songs.

yo alan

today f.m will log all the songs they use, so if the song is registered with imro then you get money every time it's played.

well, the person who wrote the song will. so if you're in a band and you all write the songs together then you should register under each of your names.. rednecks do this, we get 20% each.

you should join raap.ie too, it's more musician orientated than songwriter oriented, here you get money for any recording you have played on when it's played on radio or tv, even if you are just a guest musician or whatever..

i remember registering and putting in about four years worth of records that i had played on in one way or the other and then getting 150 quid or something.. :) pretty funny.. but i do know of somebody who registered and got 7 grand. so it's worth a pop.

ah, deadly, ive never heard of that raap thing... cheers

torrent thread eh... moving on..

wish i'd heard the thing on the radio now though, i've never been played on mainstream radio... must admit i was pretty excited when folks told me

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back