New Bad Brains Song (2 Viewers)

MEGAFORCE SIGNS DEAL WITH PUNK ICONS BAD BRAINS!
BEASTIE BOYS' ADAM YAUCH PRODUCES!
New Album "Build A Nation" To Be Released Summer 2007!

New York/London -- April, 2007 -- Megaforce Records is proud to announce it has entered into a worldwide deal with the legendary punk band Bad Brains. The new album will be released worldwide June 2007. Adam Yauch (MCA of the Beastie Boys) produced Build A Nation and it represents the first recording, aside from Beastie Boys' recordings, from the Beastie Boys' Oscilloscope laboratories and studio. The Bad Brains recently honoured the legendary punk club CBGB' closing in late-2006 by performing three shows, which sold-out in record time.

"The Brains are one of most powerful and unique bands in the world. They have been a huge influence on me, and it was an honour to work with them on this record," comments Adam Yauch.

Considered by some to be the "holy grail" of punk rock, the Bad Brains iconic legacy is best defined by their frenetic and legendary live shows. The Bad Brains are one of the definitive American punk groups who garner the same respect as the Sex Pistols, Black Flag, The Clash, and the Ramones. The band brought a new dimension to music by melding punk and reggae into an innovative style that has yet-to-be copied. And with this forthcoming release, the band essentially return to their early roots with a raw, analog-driven chaos.

"It's such an honour to be working with such an iconic and pioneering band. They are one of the most important and influential bands still working today. And with Adam Yauch producing, it is history in the making," comments co-owner of Megaforce, Robert John. "Adam and Darryl were essential in getting all the original members (HR, Darryl Jenifer, Dr. Know, Earl Hudson) into the studio in NYC to create this magical album. It's organic and powerful."

A Bad Brains worldwide tour will commence, including several festival appearances, this summer in conjunction with the album's release.

hopefully one of those festival apperances is as one of the last four acts to be announced for rebellion blackpool then that will be the greatest weekend ever..........aside from the drogheda punx picnic of course!!

I think it sounds fucking awesome. am I the only person who thinks I against I is their best record? most people I meet disagree with me about it
You probably are the only person who thinks that "I against hardcore ",as Felix von havoc called it is there best record,house of suffering was the only decent song they wrote for it ,i against i was one of their earlier songs just re recorded,the rest of it is fairly shit,and coming after Rock for light and the ROIR sessions album was never going to be easy anyhew!!!!!!!!

Shut up. All bad brains is amazing, whether it's Black Dots, I Against I, or the heavily underated Quickness.

haha classic denver max.

i am quite partial to ROIR and rock for light in particular but i do appreciate the other releases. but i would agree that quickness is underrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back